Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 06-15-2021, 03:14 PM

The wayward envelope of candies from TX has finally made it to Nebraska! Thank you Loveofquilts. There seems to be a problem with the USPS delivering candies between TX and Nebraska. I resent an envelope to Crispy_frog, who lives in TX. Let's see how long it takes...
Old 06-16-2021, 07:48 AM

Woohoo! I'm so glad you received it. Sorry it was late. Yes that is strange about the mail between our 2 states... You are most welcome.
Old 06-16-2021, 02:40 PM

Here is my alternate quilt for my sister Birthday so DH can keep the rainbow quilt. Finished it over the weekend. I would have liked to put more quilting on it, but I ran out of time. Now my 6yrs old DD wants to keep this one. Between her and her dad, I would never give any quilt away.

Gave it to my sister yesterday, and she loves it better than the rainbow one.

I have a few more Boom26 blocks to make and some quilting to be finished, but I am ready to play around with the Jacob's Ladder.
Attached Thumbnails ahwu0621.jpg  
Old 06-16-2021, 05:00 PM
Power Poster

That is pretty, AHWU. I can see why your little girl fell in love with it.

I've been sewing candies together for my Jacob's Ladder quilt too. I'm debating if I should make scrappy HSTs in it, or use all one fabric with white and just let the 4 patches and 16 patches be scrappy. I will experiment but for now there's a lot of candy sewing to do!
Old 06-16-2021, 06:18 PM

I will start posting my pictures and progress for the Jacob's ladder in the next few days. I have been in a very focused time of working on ending one class and starting another for the university. Looking forward to fall when I can have a little more time. But, Jacob must get going up the ladder.

Sewbiz, I am planning on white or cream for one side of my HSTs but like you not sure if I should be consistent with one color for the colored side or go scrappy. I may make a couple each way and then decide. Looking forward to Friday when I can approach my machine again and not feel like I am slighting my students. I am in need of some sewing therapy.

Hey, y'all the next birthday list will come out on the 20th but don't panic. The only July birthday isn't until the 21. That gives us plenty of time to procrastinate, right?
Old 06-17-2021, 05:21 AM

Beautiful heart blocks, ahwu!

​​​​​​I've been really focusing on catching up with our homeschooling these past few weeks. We took off a couple of months when little Madailein was born and during the postpartum period. Sometimes I feel bad still homeschooling in the summer, but honestly, it might be for the better. It is too hot now to send the kiddos to play outside, so staying in and learning is better than too much computer time. I plan on giving the girls a few weeks off in the Fall to play outside.

Little Madailein is growing so fast and is already scooting around on the floor! She's only 3 months old too!
Attached Thumbnails img_20210609_193704934.jpg   img_20210617_075728856_burst000_cover_top.jpg  
Old 06-17-2021, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

NZ, Wow, look at that baby girl grow! Seems like yesterday that Madailine was born.... Love her red fuzz.

The great thing about homeschooling is how adaptable it is.

What are those pretty blocks on the floor beside baby? They look great.
Old 06-17-2021, 09:45 AM

SBG, I do enjoy homeschooling a lot. I love seeing the "light bulb" moments on the girl's faces! The flexibility is wonderful too. There are so many curriculums and resources nowadays, it makes it a huge world to explore. We are currently doing a boxed curriculum, but once I get comfortable I'll be willing to branch out a bit. I have my eye on an accredited Christian curriculum for the higher grades that has teachers and zoom calls, with a lot of support for students and parents.

The blocks beside Madailein are the Riley Blake weekly quilt along challenge, I think it's called. There is a link to it on the "Links" forum. I laid the blocks out on my bed and then thought Madailein's romper matched the yellows. Of course she is prettier than the blocks, especially with her sweet cheeks. 😊
Old 06-17-2021, 10:22 AM
Power Poster

Of course she is prettier than the blocks, especially with her sweet cheeks. 😊

She sure is!
Old 06-17-2021, 04:00 PM

Precious baby! She has such a sweet smile.