Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Old 03-18-2022, 04:21 AM

Great Quilt! Quilting Vagabond. She will love it. So smart to make it smaller. I still haven't gotten the courage to quilt this one.
Old 03-18-2022, 01:56 PM

Quilting Vagabond- great finish on your RT! Very pretty!
Old 03-23-2022, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

Talk about "out of sight, out of mind"- my top has been ready to send to my longarmer for over a month. I forgot to send it.
Old 03-23-2022, 10:25 AM

Good going QuiltingVagabond! Love your finish.

The last two mysteries I felt went together pretty well with a basic serpentine stitch along the grid lines. I want an all-over design for this one... I knew starting the project that I was extremely unlikely to finish it this year. It remains safely packed in my finished tops totes (plural -- sadly, I have a lot of unfinished tops but they all have their backs and bindings and just need time and attention).

We are still planning on our move and I have been doing a lot of work with my fabric and such. Although the purpose of the move is not to get a long arm, I won't say it isn't in my hopes for the move or at least the next portion of my life.

With my packing and sorting, I'm not on line as much as I used to be and I'm not doing any quilting (just a whole lot of sorting) but I'm thinking of all of you and your projects and hope to see yet more pictures/
Old 03-30-2022, 05:24 AM
Power Poster

Spam reported.
Old 04-17-2022, 06:15 AM

I just spent the last "5" days cutting all the blocks for Bonnie Hunter's RT !!!!! Everything is clipped together in groups and in appropriate bags with the weekly pattern release. Those triangle pairs for the hourglass blocks were a bugger. Yikes. I'm attending a retreat in Shipshewana next week with Gay Bomers and thought that would be an easy quilt to work on IF I had every thing cut. I've been busy trying to finish Bonnie's Hearts of Hope for Ukraine. It is finished except for the string pieced borders which I started yesterday. I hope to attach them at retreat, work on a quick quilt by Three Dudes (as shown by Rob Appel and Jenny Doan) then start RT. Wish me luck. Your RT quilts are amazing.
Old 04-17-2022, 06:50 AM

I hope you have a great time at the retreat, EmiliasNana!

I was hoping to post a photo my quilt center yesterday, but I managed to sew that last, long seam wrong! I have it re-pinned now, and should be able to finish today or tomorrow.
Old 04-17-2022, 02:57 PM

Here is my RT center. I think I'll have to call it 'Rhododendrons in an Ice Storm' because of the icy look the pale gray B blocks give it. I had intended all of my butterflies to be flying east (west?), but I see at least one renegade block. I don't know if I'll re-do it. On to border experimentation!
Attached Thumbnails img_7388_fotor2.jpg  

Last edited by joe'smom; 04-17-2022 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-17-2022, 04:39 PM

Joe’s Mom: It’s lovely. Great work. Me, I would probably fix the errant butterflies, if only to stop myself from pointing out the mistake to everyone who sees the quilt. I’m still stuck on the borders on mine.
Old 04-17-2022, 06:32 PM

It looks great to me, Joe'smom, but I feel like SuzSLO. If I noticed it, it would bug me, and I would not be able to resist telling everyone about it. But do what feels right to you.

Leslie