Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Old 01-29-2022, 11:18 AM

Great job, SusieQOH. That is my go to pattern for gifting quilts. She will love it!
Old 01-29-2022, 01:39 PM

Siodach! I love your quilt! Love your story! Great minds think alike. I also put on a garnet border, then realized I didnt do it right and just slapped it on then realized I needed to measure the middle of the quilt and then make the borders. Oh what to do? Take it out, no I measured it again and then made correcting borders instead of taking all of them out, just adding more lol. I just want it finished. Well now, I have a larger area and now I need to make more flying geese or ? Also what the heck happened to the four blocks that go on the border with the flying geese? I dont know lol. Cant find them, know I made them. Geez. I refuse to make more. Ok, so let's just use the extra flying geese I accidently made and add them to make up the difference and leave off those lost 4 blocks, so that is what I did. I will be so miffed when I find them. Where did they go? I dont care I am done! Will have to send this off to the quilt store to be quilted and then off to my sister. SusieQHO, love your quilt, she is going to be so happy to have that. We are a bunch of talented quilters! This has been a blast!
Attached Thumbnails 0129221630_resized.jpg  
Old 01-29-2022, 02:10 PM

SusieQOH - what a wonderful gift. I'm sure she'll love it.

As I have been seeing all the wonderful quilts here, I am warming up to the hourglass blocks on point. But I committed myself to leaving them out, and I'm still happy with how this it turning out. The center is complete, and I just finished the last of the flying geese - I was quite short, but I knew that I would need to add a few things at the end. Anyway, this is it so far. Hopefully I can get the borders on tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails rt-center.jpg  
Old 01-29-2022, 03:06 PM

It's so inspiring to see everyone's beautiful work!

SuzSLO, I love the look of your quilt, it is so mellow.

SuzieQOH, congratulations on finishing your niece's quilt. It looks great and will be such a source of joy to her.

I have finished half of my B blocks, and am kind of hoping the second 10 will go a bit faster than the first 10 did. But first I have to clean out my bobbin area and change my needle.

Way to go Sandra-P and woodland creature. Your quilts are beautiful!
Old 01-29-2022, 03:10 PM

Thanks Joesmom, I cant believe all the great quilts that are coming out of this! It sounds like you are coming right along and that is great considering you started late. I am so glad you decided to join us and add to our little circle of friends here. I am just glad I am done now and on to the next one.
Old 01-29-2022, 03:47 PM

Sandra: Your quilt is lovely. Unlike you, I know what happened to my extra 4 set of units that were destined to be the border corners: I used mine to make an extra Block I needed. So when (if?) I get around to making them, they will no longer be a set, just whatever I have some extra of. I have a boatload of geese to make still, so I will experiment with the ones I have and see if I like a different border treatment better.

Woodland: I love your cornerstones. What a creative idea. It ties your quilt together beautifully.
Old 01-29-2022, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

What a feast for the eyes! I love every single one posted. Today I got some done but not a whole lot. I'm doing my butterflies the same direction.
Thanks for the comments on my niece's quilt. I can't wait until she sees it.
Old 01-29-2022, 06:35 PM

SusieQOH Your neice’s quilt turned out great. She will feel so loved by her aunt!

Woodland, I really like the way your quilt is turning out.

I am not getting much quilting time in but have managed to get halfway through assembling the top. I ended up doing all the butterflies the same way because flipping directions was setting myself up for putting one in the wrong way! Lol
Old 01-29-2022, 06:48 PM

Suzslo, You found my blocks!! There was an extra block left over and sure enough that is what I did with them. They are in that block and are there to stay. When you said you used yours to make an extra block that was needed I remembered there was an extra block I did not need that was there. Ugh. I am not ripping out! Hmm, maybe I will. Will have to see how I feel about it in the morning. I was just so smug about being done, now I might not be, ha!
Old 01-29-2022, 07:20 PM

I finished the pink/yellow and the purple/blue quilts. Now I need to sandwich and quilt them.
Attached Thumbnails 100_1289.jpg   100_1293.jpg