Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Old 01-31-2022, 07:25 AM

I finished my version over the weekend. Sorry for the sunlight streaks. My grandgirl will get this one, her favorite colors.
Attached Thumbnails 20220129_101737.jpg  
Old 01-31-2022, 07:28 AM
Power Poster

Kathy, that's beautiful!!!
Old 01-31-2022, 09:09 AM

Mumto2, you've made great progress, it looks beautiful!

Very pretty, QuiltingVagabond! I love the yellow cornerstones!

Old 01-31-2022, 10:09 AM

Kathy: your quilt top is gorgeous. I like how you used the turquoise for the center blocks. Really adds a unifying touch.
Old 01-31-2022, 10:50 AM

Oh my!!! All these beautiful finishes, I love them all! I have a row over half of the quilt put together. Still a few rows left. I keep plugging along! Good thing I am not in a rush!
Old 01-31-2022, 10:53 AM
Power Poster

Gemm, I'm so glad you enjoyed the ride with us!
I'm so glad I did this one. I did one other and wasn't happy with it so I was a bit hesitant. Glad I did it.
Old 01-31-2022, 01:36 PM

Quilt top #1 is complete. It's going to have to wait to be quilted, as there are at least three more projects in line. The best thing, however, is that I actually cleaned up the cutting and sewing tables and my desk and put all the extra fabric back where it belongs. I spent about six weeks in November and December resorting, re-ironing, and refolding my stash so I was determined to keep things at least semi-organized for more than a month (we're just not going to mention the section of the space that I didn't get to yet, though).

I had about 7-8 different yellows and oranges. Because the orange was so prominent, I spent a fair amount of time making sure the different fabrics were spread throughout the top, and I think I succeeded. Unfortunately, it wasn't until I looked at the photo that I realized that most of one of the yellow fabrics is pretty concentrated in one spot. But I'm leaving it the way it is because no one will probably notice but me.

I still have all the hourglass blocks to deal with, but I have more to make as it is currently planned. Alas, I may have to accept that the second top will to become a UFO for a while. Hopefully by the time next year's mystery comes along.
Attached Thumbnails rt1-top.jpg  
Old 01-31-2022, 01:49 PM

Woodland - I love your take on the BH Rhodo quilt, especially your sashing and cornerstones. Once again, looking at all of the beautiful posts, I'm astonished at how many ways there are of making a quilt your own and I admire the huge amount of collective measuring, cutting, laying out and stitching that has gone into the beautiful work celebrated in this thread. :-)
Old 01-31-2022, 02:41 PM

Wow! All these finishes are beautiful! I don't think I've seen so many different layouts of a BH mystery but they are all stunning. I've enjoyed seeing them all. Great job everyone. I've started to assemble my rows. This part seems slower than the rest to me, maybe because life got busy.
Old 01-31-2022, 03:51 PM

I think I have had to turn at least four of those butterfly blocks after that were sewn because they "flew" the wrong way. UGH!! Good thing I checked them after each row, but so frustrating to think you had them right, then see them in wrong!!!!!