Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2022 >

What are we organizing today 2022

What are we organizing today 2022

Old 01-01-2022, 03:18 PM

Rob, great progress! I love the flamingos!
Old 01-01-2022, 07:09 PM

Rob: Thanks for starting this thread for 2022. Also, great job with your organizing.

IrishNY: Way to go! We will cheer on any type of organizing task.

Good luck to everyone with your organizing goals.

I’m sorting my batiks by predominant color and have somewhat sorted by squares, strips, or larger pieces. I still have about 1/2 of a large tub to go through but I’m making progress,
Old 01-02-2022, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by tallchick View Post
I really enjoy this thread for inspiration and wonderful ideas, thank for hosting Rob!
Likewise…thank you Rob. Looks like you have made great progress in organizing your tool storage.

I need to sift through my fabric stash and weed out any “tired of looking at” fabric that I will never use. I usually do this every January but I must have missed last year. The process also helps me stay organized by colors and sizes…I look forward to reading the posts in this thread.
Old 01-02-2022, 09:04 AM

What a strong start, Rob! You've got me inspired! Same with you, Irish - any organizational progress can lead to new inspiration for yourself and others.

I don't have a clear vision right now, but my success with bringing together a bunch of random stuff in my latest WiP has got me thinking about my fabric in a different way, and I'm looking forward to playing with it again and seeing what combinations I can come up with. Even though I don't have a huge stash, it's full of great stuff that is begging to be used which should help with decluttering as well. :-)
Old 01-03-2022, 05:19 AM

I started going through my fabric about a month ago, and refolded everything. Of course, now I know exactly how much I have, which is probably a good thing, as that kept me from purchasing a whole lot of fabric that I didn't need from the end of the year sales. Last week, I decided that I needed to completely reorganize my sewing space, so spent three days
cleaning up the piles of scraps and moving furniture. All the furniture is now in place, and most things have been put away (of course there are several things that I put in the perfect place so that I would know where it is, and now I don't remember where that perfect place is). I'm still not happy with where I put the ironing board, as it is surrounded by our collection of extra bicycle tires. And I still have two boxes of assorted stuff that I need to go through. I figure I'm good for the time being (plus my vacation is over, and I need to go back to work tomorrow), and can tackle the bike tires and assorted stuff this summer, as I will be retiring then. The challenge will be keeping the rest of the now-organized space in the same condition until I get there!
Old 01-03-2022, 06:38 AM

I have a small goal for today. I like to keep my goals small and achievable. Since I was able to get some quilts actually quilted last year, I now have room in one of my extra large tubs of completed tops. Each of them already has a backing and binding made and are just waiting for batting and my quilting attention.

Today I'm going to put the few "big enough for backs" pieces I have left in the space in the tub. I bought a couple of extra wide backs recently but I have a couple more somewhere in stash... it will require a bit of searching.

I might as well admit it here first, I'm not going to be doing much sewing this year -- I'm going to move. It's planned and a good thing, hubby and I are going to start a new chapter in our lives, but it's a pretty aggressive schedule. After over 20 years in this house, plan is to be completely out by June 30.

The good thing is that I've been working on my mental organization for a decade or so now It's doable but not going to allow time for quilting.

Last edited by Iceblossom; 01-03-2022 at 06:41 AM.
Old 01-03-2022, 09:11 AM

Sounds like everyone is off to a great start this year.

My organizing goal for today was to tackle another problem corner in my painting etc. studio and also to do the 3rd part of the Just Get It Done declutter challenge. My quilting studio is now lighter by some magazines that are now in the recycle bin. My timer ran out before I got through all of them, but the stack is considerably smaller and just has ones that I haven't looked at yet.

Here's a before and after pic of my problem corner in the other studio:
Rob
Attached Thumbnails img_2968.jpg   img_2970.jpg  
Old 01-03-2022, 11:45 AM
Power Poster

I found a three drawer end table at Wayfair today that is 48 percent off and bought it for a void space in my sewing desk. It will hold all of my quilting tools and thread handy and look neat in the space. I love that it will help to keep the steps down to a minimum from one room to the other.
Old 01-03-2022, 04:35 PM

Welcome, woodland creature!

Iceblossom: Exciting time for both of you, Will you stay in the area?

Old 01-03-2022, 05:13 PM

We are making a major change in location and lifestyle, and are planning on central Illinois. There are a lot of factors we considered, but it will be a new place for both of us. Scary in all sorts of ways, but a grand adventure and our first house "together".

So a major packing and reduction of all things is past due.

It's been interesting these past few months, knowing that this was the last Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. in this house. I've been having to mentally weigh things, including their physical and emotional and financial cost. I get to choose what I take forward, but I am aware of that weight...