Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2022 >

What are we organizing today 2022

What are we organizing today 2022

Old 01-28-2023, 07:08 PM

I spent the past week organizing my machine quilting rulers. I organized them on the shelving I have (rulers are each in sperate 14 x 14 x 1 plastic boxes), though if it is a 'set' I keep the set together in the same box. Then I typed out an index of all of the rulers and printed out pictures of each one of them.

I was having such a time when trying to decide what I wanted on the quilt because I couldn't remember what designs each machine quilting ruler would make. Now I can just look through my notebook, and then find it on my shelf by the index. Each box has a code on it ( company/number) Like Sew Steady Westalee... SSW1, SSW2 etc. or Quilter's Rule... QR1, QR2 etc. Thankfully I don't have any duplicates, even though they number quite a few.

I feel good about it, even though I had to put off actual quilting for a few days. I had decided to start organizing them (been wanting to for some time) when the power was out due to the winter storm. We lost power the three + days. Thank goodness we have a whole house generator hookup, so we had heat, water (well pump). I didn't want to use my machine off of the generator though, because sometimes it complains when the furnace and the well pump come on at the same time, and the lights sputter a bit. Didn't think it would be good for an expensive sewing machine! Spent the powerless days organizing and finally finished up and put the room back in order, then typed up the index today from my notes.

I'm having withdrawal issues from not quilting these past few days. So, bright and early tomorrow morning, guess what my plans are!

Old 01-29-2023, 07:03 PM

Julienm1: Keep up the great work!

quiltfor: Great organization! Wahoo to no duplicates!
Old 01-30-2023, 01:03 PM

Just a reminder, the new 2023 thread is up, so if everyone would start posting there it would be helpful.

Thanks,
Rob