Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2022 >

What are we organizing today 2022

What are we organizing today 2022

Old 08-04-2022, 06:58 AM

I went back to see the first quilt. I can’t decide which I like better. Great job
Old 08-19-2022, 06:15 AM

Sorry. This comment didn’t belong here. Some how my post are jumping around where they don’t belong
Old 08-19-2022, 07:03 AM

Today I told DH he is on his own for dinner...lol...cuz I'm busy organizing, taking back control of my sewing and fab room. Both rooms are total disasters. Grabbed lots of continers to put future project kits together with the pattern. Tossing small scraps. Hanging up UFOs to cut down for backs. Winding up jellies and secure with rubber bands. Oh the list goes on and on.

Coffee break over. Back to work. Looking forward to a wine break after lunch....lol!
Old 08-19-2022, 11:55 AM

Good luck Julie! I do like the idea of putting project kits together... except I ended up cannibalizing my kit the one time I tried! Maybe if I'd hidden the fabric away where I couldn't see how versatile it could be...

My recent success was actually discovering that all of my fabric fits into the boxes I have for it, although I would like to see a couple of the boxes being a little less random in terms of fabric sizes and types. I'll still claim it as a win, though!
Old 08-19-2022, 12:14 PM

I can't do any more organizing the sewing room. Looks much better. I'm finding so many baskets w/wo lids concealling fabric jellies. Need to search for easy/fast scrappy jelly quilt.

Taking a break from the fab room formally known as a bedroom. Shelving units are horrible. Manybe I'll find some to donate to PL at our next meeting. HKmmm...need to find another container...lol. Wish me luck.

OMG>>>Dirty Dancing is on right now. Love love that movie. What a decision to make...lol
Old 08-19-2022, 04:28 PM

More moving decisions. The quilting room just isn’t big enough for fabric storage. Sold shelving before moving. It wouldn’t have survived that torturous travel.
Since it’s in the garage and bugs are a nuisance here, it’s going into totes. The shelves are up. The first sort was complete. Now there are enough totes and the second sort is progressing. Found more UFO’s. And plenty of fabulous fabric. Tomorrow am while it’s still cool, I’ll sort more.
making progress.
Old 08-20-2022, 03:22 AM

I'm 75% done in both rooms. Fondling all that fabric created so many ides to sew up. Too bad I didn't write down the ideas as they popped in/out of my brain. What did I learn? I have no business going into any fab/craft store, sorting thru any free table at Project Linus, looking at fab on line. I now subscrilbe to only 2 on line stores so I can get the tutorials. Cancelled all the rest....but I know where they are to sign up again. Have to admit I like looking at daily deals.
Old 08-20-2022, 07:32 AM

Julienm1 and Petthefabric- ya'll are making great progress! Sure hope you both post pics when you get a chance- I need some inspiration LOL!

Rob
Old 08-20-2022, 11:50 AM

Yeah! Got more boxes organized. only 1 more oversized box to make into 2 (that I can lift). And a box for stabilizers, papers, etc. I’m sure now that I only need 3 boxes-back to the store, last time-for this project. Oops there’s stuff in the sewing room. Tomorrow’s another day.
Old 08-21-2022, 04:10 PM

DONE! DONE! DONE! Took the better part of two days but it's organized. Stacks of color on the shelves. Looks like a rainbow. One large container of "projects" waiting for me to work on. Two large tubs of backing Stack of larger pieces, think odd shaped fat quarters, ready to be sewn into backs.

Next month need to work on my charms. They definately are NOT charming right now. I think too much comingling on the weekend...lol