Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2022 >

What are we organizing today 2022

What are we organizing today 2022

Old 08-25-2022, 04:37 PM

Way to go, Julienm1! Sounds like your sewing space is something to be proud of... any pictures to share so we can admire (and maybe envy)?
Old 08-30-2022, 06:11 AM

Not really organizing, but... I finally have great lighting! I remodeled the garage into a workroom, but it still had those flourescent type fixtures. Now, 4 bright fixtures and a ceiling fan! No more moving lamps around in order to see!
Old 08-30-2022, 06:32 AM

My quilting life has been turnd ulp side down. Due to the economy, my son will be moving back home. My sewing room will be dual purpose so I am gettilng ruthless with stuff. He feels bad but we told him not to worry. He is not lthe only peron this has happened to and luckily we are able to help him. He has a job but the rent is going up too much.

There ils a quilt group locally that I am not a member meets this Thursdy. So I will be bring over a car load. Dh has to go with me...lol

Luckily we are able to do lots of reconfiruing but boy is this gonna be work.

Oh, and the fabric room still looks nice. Big deal, huh?
Old 08-30-2022, 07:13 AM

Oh man! Sorry you're losing your dedicated quilting space, but glad you're in a position to help your son. Any chance that you could store some fabric elsewhere and use the fabric room for a dedicated quilting space?

Rob
Old 08-30-2022, 08:04 AM

Rob, I'm doing a serious purge. If I haven't used fab that I'm finding, it's donated.I have strored fab in those big plastic lildded containers for 6 years. Guess I didn't miss it. Didn't know I had it AND my fabic "taste" has changed. I'm putting "out the door" fab in containers that will not come home. So far I have not found a "there it is"....lol Six years ago I stored my fab in the sewing room so some containers will still live with me. Shelving units will be in the living room wth the fab I just organized. UGH! We're never in that room anyway. Remembr that phrase, I have a kitchen in my house becase it was here whe we bought it...lol Well lfor us same for lthe living klroom.We're still anticipating a move so what I doing now will put me ahead of the game.
Old 08-30-2022, 09:45 AM

Julienm1; with less it’s been easier to find the good stuff.
Old 08-30-2022, 10:02 AM

Why does it look SO bad beore it gets better?
Old 08-30-2022, 12:21 PM

Good luck Julienm1 - I'm also glad you're in a position to help your son out. Fabric is replaceable and far less valuable than good family connections.

Old 09-01-2022, 01:35 AM

We can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I know i is NOT a train! 6 tubs of quilting supplies will be donated to a local sewing group. I know they have several charities they sew for. It Just may be a feeding frenzie... lol This group meets twice a month so may bring another car load in two weeks. Found tubs with fab I have NO idea how old it is but NOT my style any more.I refuse to talk about all the baggies filled with scraps. DH made two trips to Savers, their outlet is Big Brothers/Sisters, of stuff he was hoarding. Only downfall is I got an eye infection. Dr appointment this afternoon.

Told my husband I'm going thru serious withdrawl. Haven't sewn in 3 days.

Today moving fab to bookshelves. DS will have a man cave for TV and video games.

At one time I was having a blast making funny pin cushions. Think I'll bring them to my next PL meeting. Wonder who will get the eye ball?

Last edited by Julienm1; 09-01-2022 at 01:52 AM.
Old 09-01-2022, 06:26 AM

Always good when that light isn't a train! LOL.

I spent all day yesterday tidying up my quilting studio (in between taking Bubba to the vet and going to donate blood). Anyway, I managed to sort through a bunch of papers that I had been moving from one surface to another and put away things that had homes. Then (drumroll, please)...I made homes for the papers that didn't previously have homes but needed to be kept. Don't know why it took so long.

Today I'm working on odds and ends in the studio, trying to get things organized for September since it's going to be a busy month.

Rob

PS: Julienm1- I think you should keep the eyeball pincushion LOL