Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 08-25-2022, 03:24 PM
Power Poster

Love the batiks and stars quilt! Would work for any kind of "candy"!

Jenn, the sailboats are beautiful. Glad you changed to the wavy waves they are floating on. So cute.

My four candy packages are ready to go to the post office, tomorrow morning.

Old 08-25-2022, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by JENNR8R View Post
Here is the finished sailboat quilt that I was working on July 20. I had it 75 percent quilted and decided to take it all out and use a different background pattern. Whew! I'm glad that's done.
What a beautiful quilt. The wavy quilting shows off the boats so very well. Another finish for you! Yea!! I would not have thought of the black and white checker board, but it is perfect. Love it.
Old 08-25-2022, 05:23 PM

Wow! Birthday candies are pouring in from all over the country! Thank you. Mail service to Corpus is a lot more efficient than service to either Jackson, MS or New Orleans!

Kele
Patrick's Mom
Jennr8r

I mailed mine out today. I can't wait to see what you all are sending! I need all colors as I have so few candies so thank you everyone for being part of this great group.
Old 08-25-2022, 05:27 PM

Jennr8r, that sailboat quilt is great! I like the multicolored binding, too, to match the sails. I can't imagine your patience at ripping out the existing quilting to do it over again. The pattern you ended up with is great.
Old 08-26-2022, 09:54 AM

SCORE!!! I went to the Corpus Christi Goodwill Clearance store yesterday. Someone got rid of a variety of 3 yrd cuts of fabric -- 50 pounds of folded fabric! Most of it is blender and floral but it is all mine now. At $.99/pound I couldn't pass it up. My husband just shook his head.

Some if it still had the receipts attached. In 2003 fabric was really affordable!!! If you have never been to a Goodwill Clearance store, it is hit or miss but when you hit, you hit big!

I suspect I am going to use it for the BOOM 28 project coming up. With all the discussion in the quilting board about the cost of cotton going even higher than it is now, I am so grateful to whomever donated the stash to Goodwill.

If you all need something, I will gladly send you some. I believe in sharing when I hit the lottery :-). Besides, I don't need to fill my father's house with fabric, too.
Old 08-26-2022, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
SCORE!!! I went to the Corpus Christi Goodwill Clearance store yesterday. Someone got rid of a variety of 3 yrd cuts of fabric -- 50 pounds of folded fabric! Most of it is blender and floral but it is all mine now. At $.99/pound I couldn't pass it up. My husband just shook his head..
That is my favorite kind of fabric... I call it early attic, and that is how I decorate my house too. I'm so happy for you.
Old 08-26-2022, 10:27 AM

Hello All!
I've been lurking in the shadows, not feeling up for much. I saw the amazing renovations, finished quilts and candy quilt ideas. All very inspiring.

My birthday greetings are all in the mail.
Old 08-26-2022, 02:09 PM

Birthday Up-Date
August 24
Logcabin82 (Love the otter stamps. They are so cute.)
JENNR8R (Itching to open the package but I will wait.)

August 25
Gaijin
Patrick's MOM
AHWU

August 26
loveofquilts

What a find ibex94! It feels so good to discover a treasure chest of gold and gems for you quilting pleasure. Sorry, Crispy Frog that your not yet up to quilting yet but your can always quilt vicariously through our little group. Collecting all of the ideas for the future is a good activity too. I know I have more in my saved area than I can use this year. Lurk away, and pop in as you can with a hello.

So much sewing and so little time as we all state so often. I am off to my quilt groups work day tomorrow and plan on layering two UFOs and one WIP. Not one is made of 2.5's, I hang my head in shame. but I found a new idea today that should devour some of my 2.5's. Tee-Hee-Hee. Love seeing all of your progress and finishes, 2.5s or not.
Old 08-26-2022, 02:21 PM

Happy Birthday to you Travelinggramma! Time to get ready to celebrate your day. Its coming soon!
Attached Thumbnails birthday-sprinkles-tg.jpg  
Old 08-26-2022, 02:24 PM
Power Poster

Hooray for Ibex! All that blender fabric found a great home. And now you are set to pair it with Boom fabric. You probably won't even have to shop! What a blessing!

I mailed out all of my birthday cards for Sept. today. They should make it in plenty of time to make 4 birthdays happy.