Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 03-30-2022, 10:03 AM

Hav4boys, so glad to hear your son is healing. And I’m thrilled they caught the boys.

Terriamn, that’s the second time ina week I’ve seen a picture of the pink flowering tree you posted. Do you know the name of it? It’s amazing.

For those of you who haven’t yet shipped to me - no hurry! - please make sure your name is on each package you send me. It needs to be easily visible from the outside! Your name as maker is now more important than the owner’s at this stage as I know everyone’s fabric. Please, this is important. Please check all your completed blocks and make sure I can easily see your name. Thank you!
Old 03-30-2022, 10:30 AM

Klaws, thank you for the link to the block! I'm definitely saving it!

Hav4boys, I'm glad to hear that your son is healing. I've been thinking about him and you. Good for the police catching up with the kids. Too often physical abuse is gone ignored and unanswered.

Terriamn, those blooms are so pretty! They remind me of a tree we had in New Zealand that we called the New Zealand Christmas bush, because it would bloom in Christmas time. The flowers were kind of similar. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=new+zealand+christmas+tree&iax=images&ia=images
Old 03-30-2022, 03:17 PM
Power Poster

So glad to hear Austin is doing so well. I hope the perpetrators get a fitting punishment.

Terri, those blooming trees are amazing! I have never seen anything like the pink ones. Do you know the name of the tree? And that little white house behind the tree is so cuuuuuute!
Old 03-30-2022, 03:19 PM
Power Poster

Ooh, I love the New Zealand Christmas trees too!
Old 03-31-2022, 05:17 AM

H4B great news n your son and I also am glad to hear they caught the kids and sure hope they get the punishment they deserved

Sewbiz and Janice the tree is rom Mexico and has a funny name like shaving brush, I will try and find out what it is called. Their are several more in the same community but they are very young yet

We did take possession of the new house yesterday and with a bonus helper besides my sister the house was cleaned from top to bottom. Having kitchen, dining room, hall and sewing room painted tomorrow. Need to brighten them up. Some very different color choices
Old 03-31-2022, 06:04 AM

Terriamn, that’s the name! Thank you.
Old 03-31-2022, 01:41 PM

Klaws, I love my block. Thank you for the link to the pattern. I have it saved. The other two blocks are great too.

H4B, glad to hear your son is doing better. I pray for continued recovery for his back. I do hope the boys who did this to him get punished.

Terriamn, those trees are so pretty.

In a week we will be traveling to Monument Valley, I hope to see more of what mother nature creates in this world. We will also be visiting Vegas to see what man has created and have a little fun. Anybody know if there are any fabric or yarn stores in Vegas?
Old 03-31-2022, 03:19 PM

Anyone wishing to ship your blocks to me, please hold off for at least 10 days. Thank you!
Old 03-31-2022, 07:18 PM

Lstew I went to 3 quilt shops in the Vegas area and really liked one it was called Sew Yeah I believe

Do you have Valley of Fire on your must see list as well as Red Rock Canyon?

Last edited by terriamn; 03-31-2022 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-01-2022, 07:38 AM

Valley of Fire is spectacular. Red Rocks is within driving distance of LV. It has some very accessible hikes/walks. Unfortunately my experience there includes the police rousting us out of a camping spot the locals assured us was ok.

well those cute grandchildren were little germ bombs and I came down with a bad cold, 102 fever, hacking cough, wooziness, and right now am an unbalanced fall risk. Took two Covid tests different brands all negative. My husband parked us at a fancy hotel ( well truth be told anything is fancy after a van) and I slept for two days. grandkids all recovered.

We are headed to another hotel with a kitchen for two nights. We have 14 fantastic frozen meals. Then hopefully I’m well enough for the Grand Canyon.

No worries about me. I’m recovering slowly but surely. Colds have always hit me harder than everyone else, since I was a little girl. Frustrating since I exercise and am very careful about diet and am getting good sleep. well this made my decision about the 2nd booster very clear. I’m getting one as soon as I get home.

i might get a little more quilting handwork while I’m there. It’s the longest I’ve gone without exercise in years.