2022 UFO challenge

Old 02-10-2022, 04:27 PM

ckcowl: Wow! Absolutely beautiful.
Old 02-11-2022, 11:22 AM
Power Poster

My UFO finishes have been on the small side. A 3 mini's since mid January. Sorry no pics today.
Old 02-11-2022, 04:36 PM

No UFO finishes for me yet but I am making progress. I sewed 3 applique blocks together, framed them, trimmed the batting, and chose the backing. I am going to pillowcase turn the wall hanging and do some light quilting on it.
Old 02-11-2022, 06:17 PM

I set my UFO rule to be 6 months or older. For me, less than that is a WIP. To date, I have only finished one UFO this year. But, I sure have a nice pile of them. Trying to just clear the way the WIPs so I have room to dive in to the true UFOs. I am counting it all progress!

Last edited by WMUTeach; 02-11-2022 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-11-2022, 10:51 PM

UFO goals
2 peacock quilts that are being pieced (I had too much fabric and liked 2 designs so my peacock quilt bred and multiplied).
My to be quilted bins lid no longer fits so That needs work. It currently holds 8 pieced quilts.

I have three quilted quilts that need trimmed and the binding added. I also want to add labels. I haven’t finished them because I haven’t finished (or even started) the labels.

I also have a Bargello quilt that is approximately halfway through the piecing stage.

I work the next two days so my goal for next week will be to bind/label at least one quilt and get another on my long-arm.
Old 02-12-2022, 06:13 AM

I am making slow, but steady progress on my February UFO- YAY! Then it's back to some WIPs waiting to be quilted- I'm trying hard to keep them from becoming UFOs-- but the siren call of new projects to be started is soooo hard to resist LOL. My goal for the year is to reduce the number of UFOs in Area 51 of my studio by 10. That will give me 10 UFOs which I think is a manageable number to have for starting off the new year....

Rob
Old 02-16-2022, 01:10 AM

Yesterday I worked on my Bargello WIP. I managed to get half of my yellow orange strip sets cut and the orange red fabric cut into strips. I also managed to get one of my UFO’s on the long arm. I started quilting it today and once again, tension issues and two broken needles. Several hours and a couple of you tube videos later I think something is wrong with my bobbin case. I tried the new one and after a couple of minutes adjusting tension I have managed to quilt over half the quilt with no problems. Louise the long arm definitely has a learning curve.

I think 10 UFO’s is a nice reasonable number. As long as your current WIP (would the plural form be WIPes?) don’t metamorph into UFO’s.
Old 02-16-2022, 05:55 AM

Quilting Raven- glad you figured out the problem.

I've just got 21/2 borders and sashing to finish up quilting, then I can bind February's UFO and call it done. Hopefully that'll be completed by Friday so I can have the whole weekend to quilt my Snail's Trail al Fresco WIP which is already sandwiched and ready to go. Wish me luck, for some reason I'm having a hard time getting my quilting mojo activated...

Rob
Old 02-16-2022, 10:39 AM

For whatever reason, the LA bobbin case got our-of-round. Months later decided to tackle the issue. New bobbin case and off we go.
Old 02-18-2022, 02:59 PM

Finished my Feb. UFO- It's posted in the pics section under the thread "Feathered Friends"- run over and take a look if you have time! Now I'm down to 19 UFOs...

Rob