2022 UFO challenge

Old 07-16-2022, 12:54 AM

Oh WOW!!! WMUT, those are some cuties you have there and so precious. I feel some kind of way down this 'rabbit hole,' If you keep encouraging me by producing these little beauties, I'll have to turn around in this hole and start toward the beautiful light that you are producing. Great job!!!

Have a great sew day everyone--cherryb
Old 07-16-2022, 03:41 AM

Cherrysixty, the rabbit hole is warm, dark and safe but from time to time a peek at the sunshine and beautiful flowers is good for this silly bunny's soul. It feels so good to pop my head up to see the light of day every now and again. UFO #5 is nearly finished.
Old 07-17-2022, 06:45 AM

Currently road tripping thru Tennessee (Graceland today!). I purchased a small embroidery project for something to do in the car. My son got interested and is working on it now.

Don't care if it turns into a UFO. Just something to do. But I'm delighted that he is showing interest.
Old 07-19-2022, 03:48 AM

Default July UFO #5

UFO number 5 done for July! One more to go and then I can .... dig out some more. Tee-Hee-Hee! I picked up backing and sashing for two more yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails 2022-07-18-batik-scraps-donation-360-2.5-.jpg  
Old 07-19-2022, 05:57 AM

WMU, you are a machine (at a machine)!

Another great finish on this one - can you see the finish line on your UFO list yet? You seem to have so many wonderful pieces to work with and it's so satisfying to see the end results. You must be pleased with your progress, too. :-)
Old 07-19-2022, 04:22 PM

Good evening, everyone WMUT, that number 5 is looking Great!!! those batik is gorgeous, that "rabbit hole," is really starting to look pretty bright on your end. I am halfway finished with the hand embroidery, and I'm about bored with it now. So, I am ready to dig myself out of my "RH".

Happy sewing all--cherryb
Old 07-19-2022, 04:43 PM

Getting close to finishing a ufo. Needs a little more quilting and rod pocket.
Old 07-19-2022, 05:50 PM

Oh, goodness, Gemm, the rabbit hole is still quite deep. I can swivel my chair about and see at least 9 more UFOs that are at least 6 months to 12 years old. Some need borders, others need only layering and quilting. One is the Farmer's Wife that has about 20 more blocks to be constructed. Thinking that one will make my list next year. I have some Christmas quilts to make for family too, so I will need to shift my focus to those soon. The UFO challenge will slow down in August and then slow to a crawl until the close of the year.

Press on to the end petthefabric! Anxious to see your finish.
Old 07-20-2022, 06:32 AM

Wow WMUTeach- you are on a roll. Congratulations on your 5th finish for July!

Rob
Old 07-21-2022, 08:41 AM

Happy Dance here! I finished the quilting and binding on my my Number 6 UFO for July. I have more for sure, but will just kit them up for my quilting group's work day in a couple of weeks. Think I lower my goal to just a couple in August. Sure, I want to get UFOs done and out of the way but I also want to make some Christmas quilts and see some progress on my bin of "WIPs" before they fall into the UFO pile. Then there is a mystery quilt and ..... you all know how it goes.

This last quilt is all 2.5" squares from my stash of Birthday Swap 2.5s, 728. Sashing, back and binding are left-overs from other projects. Done and done for July!!
Attached Thumbnails 2022-07-21-donation-quilt-728-2.5s.jpg