2022 UFO challenge

Old 08-20-2022, 03:04 PM

I have decided the four ufo’s I plan to complete this month;
1. Bauble Beads
2. Brown sampler bom (forgot where or when I started this).
3. Lock-in 2020 mystery top
4. Scrappy Halloween quilt

I’m ready to start quilting #1 on Tuesday.
Old 08-21-2022, 03:42 AM

Love the idea of a list to complete, Happylab. Let's see..... for September. Just three because I have several WIPs on my sewing table too.

1. Blue sampler quilt - quilt and bind
2. Red and yellow mystery quilt from 2019 - finish piecing, layer, quilt and bind
3. Civil War Block quilt.- square up, and prep for my favorite longarm quilter

That should give me specific goal to work toward.
Old 08-21-2022, 02:27 PM

1. Reproduction wallhanging
2. Iris and crane quilt.
Old 09-01-2022, 04:56 PM

I got very side tracked the last 10 days of last month. Actually I got sick with a cold that lasted 2 weeks. So no progress on my UFOs. So my list from post #241 will be this months goals. The 1st 3 items on the list are ready to be quilted and bind. Number 4 item needs to be sewn and then quilted. I’m adding 2 more items to be quilted are my lab throws and a Halloween wall hanging. That should keep me busy.
Old 09-04-2022, 03:06 AM

Well it is time to review and check in on UFO's
1.Blue sampler quilt - quilt and bind. This on is done and ready to be photographed and given back to the one who made the blocks. (She can no longer quilt. )
2. Red and yellow mystery quilt from 2019 - finish piecing, layer, quilt and bind. . This quilt is still handing in the closet, unfinished and just is not a priority. Sigh
3. Civil War Block quilt.- square up, and prep for my favorite longarm quilter. Minimal progress but should go to longarm quilter later this week.

In the mean time, I have finished other WIPs, just not my UFO's. Oh well, I will keep plodding along and eventually all will be finished.
Old 09-06-2022, 03:08 PM

My progress after this weekend’s VQW.
1. Bauble Beads is quilted - just need to square and bind. Next week project.
2. Brown sampler =. I cut out the batting and just need to decide on the backing. Next project to quilt later this week.
3. Lock-in 2020 = ready to be quilted after #2 top. Next Monday. Football takes over after Thursday. Then I sew and pin on tops during these days.
4. scrappy 2.5” Halloween top = I have the 16 patches sewn. Just need to sew the sub blocks to make the 16 big blocks together. Etc, etc. etc. my goal to complete by 16th.
5. Lab in the forest #1 and forest lab #2 = need to figure out the backings. Then put in line to be quilted.
6. I added another top to quilt = I call it the wild life animals throw (at least I think it a throw size).
That should keep me busy.
Old 09-07-2022, 08:51 AM

Wow, Happylab, you are on a roll!

I'm slowly working on a UFO that will be an experimental art quilt. I cut up one UFO and used parts of 2 others to splice in. To finish it I'm adding a bunch of embellishments, it may end up being too ugly to contemplate, but at least it's being fun and I'm getting 3 UFOs out of Area 51 LOL!

Rob
Old 09-07-2022, 12:48 PM

Love when an artist experiments.
Old 09-07-2022, 04:09 PM

Area 51, you make me giggle. I did a quick Google search for Area 51 and this is what I found. "For years there was speculation about the installation [Area 51], especially amid growing reports of UFO sightings in the vicinity." Now doesn't that sound just like our !sewing rooms, studios or under our beds where we hide or shall I say store our UFOs. Tee-Hee-Hee!

Old 09-09-2022, 03:51 PM

OK, here is my first September UFO finish. I started making HSTs in January and stuffed them in a ziplock and quickly forgot about them. I dug them out in August and made a much bigger quilt than expected doing some serious damage to odds and ends of green and white-on-white scraps. Taa-Dah! I don't know who I will give it to but likely a family member in the future.

On to another one. Red and gold and oh, so bold.

Attached Thumbnails 2022-09-09-closeup-resized.jpg   2022-09-09-future-gift-resized.jpg