Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Old 11-08-2022, 06:59 AM

Does anyone decided on their fabric yet? This is what I am thinking. Green will be purple, gold for orange and blue for aqua. Planning on using a constant neutral.
Attached Thumbnails 4ef8336c-ddac-430b-a204-b7ebdac7f658.jpeg  
Old 11-08-2022, 11:52 AM

Thank you for hosting this year so that we all can join in together and enjoy another Bonnie Hunter Mystery.
This year I will using the quilt as a leader and ender in order to make it. I have three graduation quilts to make and need to be done by July of 2023. I do have these colors for the mystery quilt in my stash so I will not need to buy any fabric. But this mystery will put an end to my orange fabric in my stash. I will have to buy more later on.

Enjoy the Mystery everyone,
craft
Old 11-08-2022, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by woodland creature View Post
Does anyone decided on their fabric yet? This is what I am thinking. Green will be purple, gold for orange and blue for aqua. Planning on using a constant neutral.
Beautiful colors! Can’t wait to see your progress.
Old 11-08-2022, 04:15 PM

I love your fabrics!
Old 11-08-2022, 05:23 PM

I think your colors will be lovely, Woodland Creature. Good luck with the mystery.

Leslie
Old 11-09-2022, 06:31 AM

Just a thought about her whites with black ... I did Easy Street and was so excited when this is what she called for specifically, I'd been collecting them and was happy to have a place to use them.
It is the only mystery I've made that I wasn't thrilled with, those black and whites took over the quilt and just looked wormy to me.
Simply shared as a cautionary thought
Attached Thumbnails bonnie-2-easy-street-quilt-1.jpg  

Last edited by KalamaQuilts; 11-09-2022 at 06:35 AM.
Old 11-09-2022, 07:00 AM

I am planning on using one main neutral fabric that is white and has lavender irises on it and use other neutrals as a fillers.
Old 11-09-2022, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
Just a thought about her whites with black ... I did Easy Street and was so excited when this is what she called for specifically, I'd been collecting them and was happy to have a place to use them.
It is the only mystery I've made that I wasn't thrilled with, those black and whites took over the quilt and just looked wormy to me.
Thanks for sharing that, KalamaQ. I found it quite interesting that Bonnie showed such a specific type of neutral, which I haven't seen her do before. It made me wonder what about this quilt makes it a good choice for white/black.
Old 11-10-2022, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
I love the scalloped edge on your quilt!
Old 11-10-2022, 06:09 AM

KalamaQuilts: I think your black on white neutrals are lovely. But I appreciate the warning. With a mystery quilt, it sometimes feel like there is a fine line between adventurous and off the deep end!