Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where is your sewing machine >

Where is your sewing machine

Where is your sewing machine

Old 12-12-2022, 01:31 PM

All 3 are in my dining room with 2 sitting on my dining table amd the 3rd has it's own cabinet that it sits in. In the corner of the dining room. 2 are singers and 1 a kenmore.
Old 12-12-2022, 01:32 PM

When I read the question I laughed and was about to answer "Which one?" but reading the replies, it looks like most of us have more than 1 machine going at a time.

At the moment, 3 of my machines share a long Ikea table. I am currently mostly using my Janome 4900 so it is in the center on one long side. At one end, is Mabel, my 301A who has the most important task of sewing zippers in pouches and totes. I love her tiny sewing foot--even better than her zipper foot. And at the other end is Brunhilda, my 1980's Viking and my latest addition. We still aren't very well acquainted but I try to sew with her every week or so.

My Pfaff is on the floor, waiting for a service. Having tension issues with her.
Old 12-12-2022, 02:05 PM

Let's see:
1.My vintage- ish Brother VX560 in on a table facing the wall between two windows in my studio- I use it for sewing rope bowls.
2. My Brother PC420 is in an Arrow Sewnatra cabinet that backs up to the table where my Brother PQ1500s usually sits. These two table jut out into the middle of the room.
3. Brother PQ1500s is currently downstairs on the dining room table because I needed the space to spread out for doing a paper piecing project.
4. My Janome 1522PG is currently occupying the table that usually houses the PQ1500s. Usually the Janome is stored under a table in my studio since I mostly use it when I'm taking a class. Right now I'm using it to audition some blocks for a quilt since I don't want to move all the paper piecing stuff away from the PQ1500s downstairs.
5. My Sweet Sixteen is in a corner facing a wall- It's on wheels so I can easily wheel it away from the wall if Need to get to the back. Having it in a corner against the wall helps keep any excess quilt from falling off the back and side.

those are the machines that I use regularly. I also have a Kenmore 158.1914 that I seldom use and ought to re-home, and a Singer Featherweight that I converted to hand crank and also seldom use.

Rob
Old 12-12-2022, 02:23 PM
Power Poster

My Bernina is in the middle of my room in a Koala cabinet. My Juki is against a wall in the room. I have 2 chairs and my cat Mookie is always fighting me for the chair I'm in lol.
One of my FW's is in a FW table in my sunroom. It's so cute in there.
Old 12-13-2022, 05:18 AM

6f68453c-9665-4be3-8e7b-0141617ab8a9.jpeg
It’s a small room and full. Behind the cutting mats are 2 Koala cabinets facing each other with most used machines. If needed, a machine can be removed and use insert for a large flat surface. Each cabinet has an extension to go over the drawer.

The window is to the right of the photo, so I can look out from Brother machine. To the left is the design wall.
Old 12-13-2022, 05:20 AM

Attachment 641840
It’s a small room and full. Behind the cutting mars are 2 Koala cabinets facing each other with most used machines. If needed, a machine can be removed and use insert for a large flat surface. Each cabinet has an extension to go over the drawer.

The window is to the right of the photo, so I can look out from Brother machine. To the left is the design wall.
Old 12-13-2022, 05:46 AM

My sewing area is in our finished basement in what would otherwise be known as a “red room.” It is HUGE! I keep my serger, embroidery machine, and ironing board against a wall, but my sewing and sitdown quilting machine are in the middle of the room. I have them facing the television, though I admit I hardly ever watch TV while sewing; I listen to audio books instead. I would take a picture, but the room is an even bigger disaster than normal! Who else is late with Christmas things?
Old 12-13-2022, 08:09 AM

Mine is against a wall but when I am working on a big quilt or FMQ, I move it to the center of the room. I will put a chair on each side to hold any quilt hanging over so there is not drag when sewing on binding or FMQ.
Old 12-13-2022, 08:13 AM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!

Originally Posted by CanoePam View Post
My sewing area is in our finished basement in what would otherwise be known as a “red room.” It is HUGE! I keep my serger, embroidery machine, and ironing board against a wall, but my sewing and sitdown quilting machine are in the middle of the room. I have them facing the television, though I admit I hardly ever watch TV while sewing; I listen to audio books instead. I would take a picture, but the room is an even bigger disaster than normal! Who else is late with Christmas things?
I feel your pain!
Old 12-13-2022, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
My Bernina is in the middle of my room in a Koala cabinet. My Juki is against a wall in the room. I have 2 chairs and my cat Mookie is always fighting me for the chair I'm in lol.
One of my FW's is in a FW table in my sunroom. It's so cute in there.
Ooooh! I'd love to have a FW table! That's one of the things I look for at estate sales. Some day . . .