UFO 2023 Challenge

Old 08-07-2023, 01:18 PM

These are the Valentine's Day projects that I finished back at the end of January. The first one is a table runner that I did from a free class last fall. It is called 4 Hearts for Valentine's. Originally the applique between the heart blocks was supposed to be holly berries and leaves for Christmas, but I decided I would add roses and make it for Valentine's Day. All of the free motion/ ruler work quilting was done with my Qnique 15 Pro that I have on a quilt frame, while the machine applique was stitched down using a regular sewing machine. The quilting design that I did in both the half and quarter square triangles is my very own.
The second Valentine project was from a free Moda Fabrics pattern. Instead of turning it into a table runner, I decided I would create a (4) block wallhanging and add borders to it. All of the free motion and ruler work quilting was by my Qnique 15 Pro that I have on a Q-Zone Hoop Frame.
Happy Quilting. Hugs Kathryn
Attached Thumbnails valentines-day-project.jpg   close-up-quilting.jpg   close-up-corner.jpg   valentines-day-wallhanging.jpg  
Old 08-07-2023, 01:52 PM

This is my most recent quilt that I finished last month. It was a free pattern from Alderwood Studios. This is the largest quilt project I have quilted on my quilt frame. The entire free motion/ ruler work quilting in the center of the quilt along with the ruler work in the outer border is my very own designs. I made a few mistakes in the quilting, but with more practice I'm getting better at it. After I finished taking pictures of the quilt, my cat Toby decided he really liked it and took a nap on it for a little while. Both him and my other cat Wendy are my sewing/quilting fur babies.
Happy Quilting. Hugs Kathryn
Attached Thumbnails july-quilt-finish.jpg   close-up-center-quilt.jpg   close-up-quilting-border.jpg   toby-sleeping-quilt.jpg  
Old 08-07-2023, 02:19 PM

Those are lovely - way to go, Kathryn! I love the blue one especially - although there's a lot going on, I find it a very calming pattern. :-)
Old 08-07-2023, 06:05 PM

Very pretty finish Kathryn, Yea on your 2 UFO completions.

Old 08-08-2023, 04:12 PM

Kathryn, three cheers for you on two finishes! Ah, a deep breath and enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 08-08-2023 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-08-2023, 04:47 PM

The blue one is my favorite and clearly has your fur baby's stamp of approval. Great job.
Old 08-13-2023, 05:11 AM

Thank you all for your lovely comments on my two quilt finishes. Been busy this past week finishing up two cloth dolls for Halloween ( we each made a Dearly Departed doll from an Arley Berryhill pattern) along with starting on the rest of my fall cleaning so I can put up our Fall/Halloween decorations. Yesterday took a break from the fall cleaning, and started working on one of my applique quilt ufos. Happy Quilting. Hugs Kathryn
Old 08-15-2023, 02:44 AM

I finished a couple more quilts this month. I've been working on the one with vintage hankies since the winter. The scrappy rainbow log cabin I made over a week after our town had a terrible flood. We live uphill from the flooded area so we weren't directly affected. I was burning nervous energy anyway. I put the bindings on both yesterday and took two (blurry) pictures.
Attached Thumbnails img_2156.jpg   img_2159.jpg  
Old 08-15-2023, 04:28 PM

Two more out the door! Yea! Now the rest of us need to join in with just one UFO this month!. I am adding the binding to one tonight. Fingers crossed to get it done by the weekend.
Old 08-16-2023, 06:47 AM

Mkotch, great finishes!