Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way >

Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Old 11-06-2023, 06:06 PM

I have seen that pop up regarding downloading a new pdf program, just ignore it. I think it is just one of those pop-ups that appear in the middle of things.
Old 11-07-2023, 05:34 AM

Terry -- here's something to try, can you find any PDFs in your File Explorer, maybe in your download files?? You can do a search with *.PDF in your Search box (if you use Windows), look for something on your computer and not on the internet.

Try opening one of them without the internet open -- some malware and such can be pretty invasive and could be set to just the action, in which case I'd do some basic virus scans and such.

Adobe now makes you pay for a number of features that used to be free, but I would trust this link for a fresh install --
https://get.adobe.com/reader/
Old 11-08-2023, 06:34 AM

So we are getting closer to Black Friday, about 2 weeks for us pre-planners to select our choices. I'm going back and forth on my light blues -- should they be brighter and more medium? or lighter and more ashen?? Maybe tomorrow I can get pictures or make a decision. And then there is always the possibility that when I see the first clue I start over again from the beginning.

Is anyone planning on using one fabric for each of the color groups? I've been having some fun when I find large pieces of fabric and figuring out where they could be used and what would go with them -- usually I am like one piece short for a full quilt (mostly the neutral choice). Maybe I should show a few of those partial sets... I am trying not to explode my totes of fabric but it happens
Old 11-08-2023, 07:09 AM

Good morning everyone. I am going with Ole Miss logo fabric with a navy background, solid red, solid light blue and solid white. I'm hoping I won't miss the scrappy look. Normally I like blender fabrics so the solids are a change for me. Debating about making another set of colors also.
Old 11-08-2023, 03:13 PM

I thought the duller blues didn't complement the bright red, so I stuck with the brighter ones. Although the paint chip of the light blue looks quite bright (I don't actually have the chips this year), Bonnie's choices were paler. I'd say, use what looks best to you.

I went walking on Saturday, fell and cracked or bruised my ribs. I've regained significant mobility since then, so it seems like it must not be too bad. Did have some X-rays done today just to be sure.
Old 11-09-2023, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
I thought the duller blues didn't complement the bright red, so I stuck with the brighter ones. Although the paint chip of the light blue looks quite bright (I don't actually have the chips this year), Bonnie's choices were paler. I'd say, use what looks best to you.

I went walking on Saturday, fell and cracked or bruised my ribs. I've regained significant mobility since then, so it seems like it must not be too bad. Did have some X-rays done today just to be sure.
Ouch! I took a tumble this year and ended up having X-rays and CT's. Seems they do everything when you are on a blood thinner. Anyway I spent about 6 hours in the ER. Nothing was broken.....until...I had a scan about two months later for another reason... Report read...recently fractured ribs....two of them. Yep, it was sore when I changed positions. Ribs feel fine now.
Old 11-09-2023, 08:27 AM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!

Thank you all for helping me be able to print out the introduction. I apparently didn’t go far enough to find the Printer Friendly highlighted spot. Once again you all came to my aid.
After looking carefully at the printed pages, I think this quilt may look good with less busy prints, more tone on tone and grunge. So, that’s what I am going for as I do a half size. What do you all think?
Old 11-09-2023, 11:02 AM

Terry in the ADK, I don't think you can go wrong with less busy prints with any Bonnie quilt Her patterns always end up looking intricate because of the number of pieces, so I think they have the greatest clarity when done with solids and tonals.

I'd love to hear your reasoning if you care to share. It looks like Bonnie's navies and neutrals are very busy this year. Can't wait to see what she has come up with.
Old 11-09-2023, 01:46 PM

Terry -- glad you got your PDF issues straightened out. I think when I post the links I will use the PDF friendly version. There is no content difference between the internet screen and PDF version, just some layout stuff.

As Joe's Mom said, Bonnie's designs are typically pretty busy and sometimes less is more. I think it will be great as you envision it. I think I use too many fabrics and should limit myself to maybe 6-8 per color group but I am trying to use up small scraps and 10" squares and other such things...

In past years I've often thought the all solids or one fabric per color quilts were usually very successful. This year Toverly is planning on combining both those options in their project, with one print and the rest solids. For a couple decades now we've been using "reads as solids" and personally, I really like the crispness that solids bring to a project but I also like the softer grungy/tone on tone look.

For those of you who have been hurting yourselves -- Ouch! Stop that! We need you in quilting or at least commenting shape

Today I have been keeping company with the hubby upstairs while trimming the Christmas string project I'm trying to get done or at least to a good holding point before Black Friday. I am all trimmed and mostly all paper peeled. Tomorrow is soon enough to be downstairs still obsessing over the light blues!
Old 11-11-2023, 11:04 AM

Thanks to IceBlossum for hosting this year! I just moved. With my quilting stuff mostly packed since August, Bonnie’s Winter Mystery has not been on my mind. Just downloaded the Intro and read through this thread. I am likely to be a lurker as my quilting stuff was first to be packed and last to be unpacked. All my fabric is still wrapped up in plastic wrap! Can’t wait to see the progress you are all making from week to week.