Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UFO Challenge of the Month 2010 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

Old 05-31-2010, 01:48 PM

Okay, got four projects done, well the one will be done in an hour or so when I finish the last of the hand work on the binding. My son took off with my battery charger so tomorrow will have to get it and take pictures to post. Got one Christmas sofa size quilt done, one more or less crib size quilt done for my DGD who is turning two, a so-so wall hanging in beige, red and black with cats, and a sm paper pieced Christmas bird house wall hanging. Had to forget about the fall tablerunner as I ran out of basting spray, that will be another month's UFO. Exhausted, but happy to get caught up and really like these two quilts alot. May add embelishments later to them, but they are done, WHOO HOO!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 02:37 PM

well I stalled out at the 2 table runners and binding on a quilt. Today was to be quilting day and I did get a few strips of sashing made but then had to go with my Dad to ER. We are back home, he's recuperating and I am just relaxing with spouse and son. Sometimes the best laid plans....
Old 05-31-2010, 04:14 PM

Raining all day so I'll have to take pictures tomorrow (hopefully). Made 2 Christmas pillow cases, finished a toddler quilt, finished baby blanket and 2 table runners. This should bring me up to May.

I still have 3 baby quilts to finish, an I spy quilt, a patriotic quilt and an ABC wallhanging. Phew. Right now I'm working on my Siggy squares but they aren't a UFO, just have a deadline for them.

Congratulations Lyn4ty on getting your UFO's done. Your determination gave me the encouragement to get busy too. Thanks.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lyn4ty
Okay, got four projects done, well the one will be done in an hour or so when I finish the last of the hand work on the binding. My son took off with my battery charger so tomorrow will have to get it and take pictures to post. Got one Christmas sofa size quilt done, one more or less crib size quilt done for my DGD who is turning two, a so-so wall hanging in beige, red and black with cats, and a sm paper pieced Christmas bird house wall hanging. Had to forget about the fall tablerunner as I ran out of basting spray, that will be another month's UFO. Exhausted, but happy to get caught up and really like these two quilts alot. May add embelishments later to them, but they are done, WHOO HOO!!!
They don't count until you post a picture of them here. ;)
Old 06-01-2010, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Originally Posted by Lyn4ty
They don't count until you post a picture of them here. ;)
LOL!! I am really ticked off, they made off with my battery charger and batteries, and I can't seem to get them back, URGH!!! Tomorrow I am going out and get some batteries so I can post those pictures, I worked too hard not to.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by burnsk
Raining all day so I'll have to take pictures tomorrow (hopefully). Made 2 Christmas pillow cases, finished a toddler quilt, finished baby blanket and 2 table runners. This should bring me up to May.

I still have 3 baby quilts to finish, an I spy quilt, a patriotic quilt and an ABC wallhanging. Phew. Right now I'm working on my Siggy squares but they aren't a UFO, just have a deadline for them.

Congratulations Lyn4ty on getting your UFO's done. Your determination gave me the encouragement to get busy too. Thanks.

Glad I could be of service to you, LOL!! You sure got a lot done too. I still have more than enough to keep me going through the rest of this year and probably into next year too. It's fun to get them done and see the finished product though.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Barbm
well I stalled out at the 2 table runners and binding on a quilt. Today was to be quilting day and I did get a few strips of sashing made but then had to go with my Dad to ER. We are back home, he's recuperating and I am just relaxing with spouse and son. Sometimes the best laid plans....

Glad to hear your Dad's recuperating, that matters more than anything. I've been stalled out too and it was just the right time so your time will come too.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:12 PM

YAH, finished the quilt I started last Sept. Just in time to give it to my great Nephew, Matthew for graduation. One more UFO done!

Matthew's Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]76878[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-76873.jpe  
Old 06-01-2010, 04:19 PM

That's so pretty!!! I think I still have March, April, May, & now June to complete...

Please, is it summer vacation yet?
Old 06-01-2010, 07:39 PM

Oooh, gamnet, that is wonderful! It's very interesting and I love the high contrast. What a great quilt!