Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How many members have fibromyalgia? >

How many members have fibromyalgia?

How many members have fibromyalgia?

Old 03-08-2010, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaB
Originally Posted by yourstrulyquilts
Originally Posted by jetnica
just needed to vent:

today was such a bad FM day! i was in the fibrofog all day, stiff, sore and just not "there" -- i had trouble concentrating on my students today and the chiropractor made me want to cry. finally came home - took an hour nap, ate dinner - and now my stomach hurts and my head is throbbing.

thank you for the vent time -- the bf is awesome but just doesn't understand that i'm not lazy - just "not great"
Sorry it's so tough. If I could wave a magic wand I'd make all of you better. It's an illness that doesn't usually kill you; just makes you wish you were dead!
Maybe tomorrow will be better.
You got that right! I'm so sorry you had such a trying day too.
It's hard when you hurt and feel so terrible that if anyone else felt this way they would be in bed for days, and yet we have to keep going, keep doing, and are supposed to be happy and cheerful all the while, still taking care of everyone else --who by the way, happen to be healthier than us. Just know that there are some of us who totally understand, and we can't stop for fear it will get the better of us. Did any of that make sense?
very much so - thank you
Old 03-08-2010, 08:49 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by BrendaB
Originally Posted by yourstrulyquilts
just needed to vent:

today was such a bad FM day! i was in the fibrofog all day, stiff, sore and just not "there" -- i had trouble concentrating on my students today and the chiropractor made me want to cry. finally came home - took an hour nap, ate dinner - and now my stomach hurts and my head is throbbing.

thank you for the vent time -- the bf is awesome but just doesn't understand that i'm not lazy - just "not great"
Sorry it's so tough. If I could wave a magic wand I'd make all of you better. It's an illness that doesn't usually kill you; just makes you wish you were dead!
Maybe tomorrow will be better.
You got that right! I'm so sorry you had such a trying day too.
It's hard when you hurt and feel so terrible that if anyone else felt this way they would be in bed for days, and yet we have to keep going, keep doing, and are supposed to be happy and cheerful all the while, still taking care of everyone else --who by the way, happen to be healthier than us. Just know that there are some of us who totally understand, and we can't stop for fear it will get the better of us. Did any of that make sense?
very much so - thank you
I pray you will have a much better day tomorrow. :-)
Old 03-08-2010, 09:37 PM

totally
Old 03-09-2010, 04:50 AM

Location: South Carolina; half hour away from Charlotte, N.C.

BrendaB wrote: It's hard when you hurt and feel so terrible that if anyone else felt this way they would be in bed for days, and yet we have to keep going, keep doing, and are supposed to be happy and cheerful all the while, still taking care of everyone else --who by the way, happen to be healthier than us. Just know that there are some of us who totally understand, and we can't stop for fear it will get the better of us. Did any of that make sense?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A BIG ditto BrendaB!!!!
Dar
Old 03-09-2010, 09:51 AM

thank you all for your warm thoughts!!

today is better - still foggy but not in pain! another night of taking it easy and I should be all set - just in time for my 14 hour work day wednesday.

I need to learn to tell people 'no' -- that would eliminate a ton of stress and therefore bad days!

=) warm hugs to you all
Old 03-17-2010, 07:58 PM

I have had a week of flares and am sick of it. There has to be a better tomorrow.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:13 PM

Lyrica and neurotin is good i use to take Lyrica but i gain weight and insurance stopping for it since i was also taking neurotin so is good for me my nearve is damage plus i have 4 percent circulation in my right leg and 5 in my left cold and rainy is bad have me in so much pain, pluse i have back pain i also take Robaxin
Old 03-26-2010, 11:42 AM

Lyrica can be good for some...I had great results from it until the side affects were so bad that I had to go off of it. My ankles were so swollen, it was like I was 9 month pregnant again. Caused eyesight problems, and more.....
Old 03-27-2010, 06:21 PM

I was going blind with Lyrica. Doc wanted me to take for another two months to be sure it was caused by lyrica. lol didn't go to that doc again. And I could see again after going off it until my cataracts decided to make me blind again . Have had surgery on eyes and can see agsin.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:49 AM

*raises hand* if the docs math is right, for at least 17 years.
mine came around the same time as MS (that has moved to secondary progressive).. so im never really sure which is flaring. but i tend to be stubborn on chemical meds.. i tend to opt more for natural symptom relievers and ALOT of distraction... computer and sewing work the best :D

ive been on both Neurontin and Lyrica.. first Neurontin, then both together, then just Lyrica... i discovered most docs get too prescript happy on me lol... my body cant handle nerve blockers AND muscle relaxers, AND pain pills all together with all the rest they expect lol
so i try not to take any more than absolutely necessary :D