Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-18-2011, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
And it belong to his Great Grandmother......
I take that with a grain of salt in most cases...seems like every machine out there belonged to the seller's grandmother, and some of the ads I've seen I KNOW where they got the machine...it came from a storage unit auction!!
Old 07-18-2011, 04:01 PM

A plant stand!! It is a sewing machine and a nice one at that. Some people just don't have a clue to they.
Glenn
This person may have just said that to get someone to buy
his machine. I would like to think that they had more respect
for their grandmother and that cabinet. Kathie
Old 07-18-2011, 04:06 PM
Power Poster

Does "it belonged to my grandmother" really mean they won't come down on their price? SO IF they really watched her sew with it you'd think they would know which end is the business end of the machine for the photo now wouldn't you?
Old 07-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Power Poster

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/clt/2501094985.html
This turkey needs to be stopped. Maybe we can ALL answer his ad. I know I will when my blood pressure goes back down to sort of normal.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:26 PM

I reallly hope they are just trying to sell the machine. I would hope they would have more respect for Great Grandma. My wife and I treasure the things the Great Grandma's and Grandma's ( and mothers and fathers to) left us. I consider we are caretakers of these nice things to pass on to our children. My son would kill me if I tried to sell his Great Grandma's sewing machine(1916 red eye) and all the sewing stuff of hers. He wants it all to pass to his children it is such a nice family history we have here. A good example wife still uses the Maytag wringer washing machine(1946 Commander) that her mother washed her and her twin brothers diapers. Of course we have a modern washer but you can't beat this old machine to wash floor rugs,towels and large sheets and boy does it clean,although we have been known to get a finger or two pinched in the wringer. :lol: It is the only thing she will use to wash work clothes and fishing clothes.

Glenn
Old 07-18-2011, 04:29 PM

What a waste of good sewing machines. Boy this makes me angry. :evil:
Glenn
Old 07-18-2011, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by skaduzy
What is the difference in a Wheeler and Wilson D9 and a W&W W9? Just wondering? Mine is the W9.
The D9 was made by Wheeler and Wilson prior to the sale to Singer in ABOUT 1905/6. (So said, because I don't have the exact date in front of me, and am at work) Singer continued the model with some minor changes as the 9W.
I know you are going to think I am a dumb blonde (and I am a blonde) but does that mean that a W&W W9 and W&W D9 are really the same model? I understand about the Singer W9 after W&W was sold but am having a problem understanding the difference in D9 and W9 before it was sold. Thanks.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Power Poster

What a waste of good sewing machines. Boy this makes me angry. :evil:
Glenn
We should each send the guy emails.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:19 PM

I don't know, maybe I'm crazy but I like the tractors :oops:

WE can't save them all and at least he is making something with them and they are not ending up at the dump. He is staying busy, recycling, and maybe passing on a fond memory to someone who may never sew, but does remember what a singer (and a tractor) is. :mrgreen:
Old 07-18-2011, 05:27 PM

Okay, I think I've found another one I want. (I seem to have the "I want its" pretty bad lately!) The red eye decals are growing on me! Even my BIL thought it was cool.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/atq/2498113118.html

Any red flags? I wrote and asked for the serial #, but seller gave what sounded like the number off the motor and said that was the only one she could find that looked like a serial #. I'm wondering if it would be rude to send a picture of where it's located.

It looks nice to me, but I'm still new to this. I'd probably ditch the motor and put her back in a treadle.

Also, does anyone know what model this would be? Looks like it has a place for cams, but again, I'm so new at this I have no idea! :) I just keep seeing stuff that interests me that I want to know more about!

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/atq/2461788660.html