I am about to loose it

Old 04-27-2010, 08:58 AM

I have been in NYC for a week now. Had an interview yesterday. Went well, but I am not the only candidate, and of course, I need to wait a few weeks before they make a decision. Getting my stuff ready to go back home I get another call. Today they will tell me when I can go for interview. Excellent, except that my MIL is driving me nuts. I was staying in their spare bedroom and she complains that she can not sleep in the same room as my FIL. So, I move to the couch. Then the story begins that she doesn't like anyone on her couch, even though my FIL spends most of the day there. So, I take a little fold up bed into my daughter's apartment in the basement, but now my MIL needs it back (to store away, even though I am using it). Now I am with my daughter, sleeping on a couch. If I get the job I interviewed for yesterday I get to go to California for a 6 weeks training. It is 6 weeks away from my husband and kids, but at least when I come back I don't have to spend too much time here before my family moves down, plus 6 weeks without my machine. There has to be an end to this but I just don't see it.

On Saturday is two years since our world crumbled and it has only gone bad from there. I need things to start getting better soon or I'll go nuts. OK, more so than I already am.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Pam

Keep your chin up, this cannot last. I am sorry that you are having a bad time.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:02 AM

The thought of staying with my in-laws for days without a buffer is enough to make me break out in hives!!! You are a brave, brave woman.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:05 AM
Power Poster

(((HUGS))) I am so sorry you have such a difficult MIL... will be praying that your interviews come through and you will be settled in your new home, with a new job very soon!!! (((HUGS)))
Old 04-27-2010, 09:06 AM

Gee, can you get your machine shipped to you?
Old 04-27-2010, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Gee, can you get your machine shipped to you?
Money is a big issue right now at home. It will cost to ship it, and then I have to ship it back. I will have to suck it up or get some cheap one, freecycle, or borrow something. Maybe I will cross stitch again. That is, if I get this job.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:16 AM

Your MIL sounds like a lovely person <sniker>. I hope things get better for you VERY soon.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Banned

:-)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-12757.gif  
Old 04-27-2010, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
Your MIL sounds like a lovely person <sniker>. I hope things get better for you VERY soon.
She is a real piece of work. You can only like what she makes or what she has given you. She always warms up milk, makes her coffee and mixes it in the cup. I like my coffee strong, so I have my own expresso machine. She saw it, so the next morning she adds the coffee to the milk right there on the pot, so I have to have HER coffee. The next day I prepared my expresso machine at night to just brew in the morning, she took my grains out and reloaded it with HER chocolate coffee. I hate chocolate in my coffee! Little things, but it adds up and before you know you are going insane. She gave me a little closet space but keeps changing my clothes from one spot to another, and right now I have no idea where my clothes are, and if I look for it, I am snooping into her things. I FEEL LIKE SCREAMING!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:40 AM

Thanks Marsye, made me smile.