Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Old 08-25-2010, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Donna,

Hang in there! It has been a long road for most of us.

As for where I get my recipes, I get them from my Eat This Not That books and from the Hungry Girl. I also do tons of web surfing for recipes.

I love using the Activia Light for the frozen popsicles because it has tons of chunky fruit and it is really good for our digestive systems. Yumm-O!

Missy
Thanks for the info, Missy. I will get the books.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:57 PM

Donna,

I bought some strawberries today and those will look great on the table. I am also going to make some virgin mimosas to drink. I love your idea of having the different size bowls under the tablecloth. I have to iron the tablecloth in a bit as well as everything else I need to do.

For the palmiers, I have to get my Kitchenaide attachments out so I can grind the andouille sausage. Once I grind it up then I will render it down so the excess fat is out of the sausage. I did buy some good mustard today to spread on the puff pastry. I should take some pictures of the food once it is on the table (before they arrive hopefully!).

Mike just called to tell me good morning. Isn't that sweet? He calls me every morning to tell me he is awake and to have a good day. I like him big!

I was able to buy a baguette for the croustinis straight out of the oven. Oh my it smells good! But I have to keep my cotton-pickin' fingers off of it until tomorrow. :D

I asked my case worker today when she brought my meds if she would ask my worker that comes on Thursdays if he could make me first on the list so that he is gone before Mike and his mom arrive. I hope that doesn't make me too demanding.

Well, today is going to be gorgeous! It is only 70 degrees right now and I am hoping that it will be like this tomorrow. I just want this to be a perfect morning for a brunch.

Sorry, I have been rambling on and on. Yeah. I know. Blah blah blah. I'm done now. :lol:
Sounds like you are ready to go, kiddo. I am sure this will work out for you. As for the weather----we are at 105 today. YUK
Old 08-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by candlequilter
Originally Posted by trupeach1
OK a question............. it is the 25th, I will have to start a Sept sign up thread for the challenge within the next day or so, do you think we should continue with the thread and challenge or should we do it on our own???????
I like having the challenge - this is my first one that I have done and it has helped alot! However, as far as the thread is concerned it wasn't what I thought it would be, or maybe I just had to do alot more wading thru extra stuff to get the weight loss challenge info out of it. I really enjoy sharing with others when they are facing ups and downs on their weight or eating but as far as all the general chit chat I thought there are other areas for that. This is just my honest opinion and you can do whatever you like with it.

I am so sorry this thread is not what you had expected but it is listed as chit chat so if we go off course it is expected. There were over 70 people who signed up for the challenge however if you read over all the pages there are only a handful who participate on the thread. We share weight loss or gains, recipe's and exercise tips. We pull each other up when we are down. Weight problems are psychological so we get excited for each other if there is something exciting going on in a persons life that they share with us. Some people don't have anyone but the people are this thread/board. If it wasn't for the general chit chat there would not be thread at all. Now would there? I would like to know where are the other 60+ people? Why havn't they posted or commented? My question wasn't if the format should be changed to not include general chit chat the question was should the weight loss challenge with a prize continue?
Old 08-25-2010, 01:56 PM

This is my first time to participate, but it's given me the motivation I needed. I've done real well (until this weekend), but I'm back on track again now. I hope you do it again.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:21 PM

Trupeach I would like this to continue. It giv"es us all a place to vent when needed and a place where we can get a way to go". Even if we are a small portion of those who signed up I think I would do even worse without all of you to talk with.
Gail
Old 08-25-2010, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
Donna,

I bought some strawberries today and those will look great on the table. I am also going to make some virgin mimosas to drink. I love your idea of having the different size bowls under the tablecloth. I have to iron the tablecloth in a bit as well as everything else I need to do.

For the palmiers, I have to get my Kitchenaide attachments out so I can grind the andouille sausage. Once I grind it up then I will render it down so the excess fat is out of the sausage. I did buy some good mustard today to spread on the puff pastry. I should take some pictures of the food once it is on the table (before they arrive hopefully!).

Mike just called to tell me good morning. Isn't that sweet? He calls me every morning to tell me he is awake and to have a good day. I like him big!

I was able to buy a baguette for the croustinis straight out of the oven. Oh my it smells good! But I have to keep my cotton-pickin' fingers off of it until tomorrow. :D

I asked my case worker today when she brought my meds if she would ask my worker that comes on Thursdays if he could make me first on the list so that he is gone before Mike and his mom arrive. I hope that doesn't make me too demanding.

Well, today is going to be gorgeous! It is only 70 degrees right now and I am hoping that it will be like this tomorrow. I just want this to be a perfect morning for a brunch.

Sorry, I have been rambling on and on. Yeah. I know. Blah blah blah. I'm done now. :lol:
Sounds like you are ready to go, kiddo. I am sure this will work out for you. As for the weather----we are at 105 today. YUK
I sure hope I am ready. :LOL: 105?!?! That is hot as hades! Yuk is right! We are only at 79 right now. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 92.

Missy
Old 08-25-2010, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
OK a question............. it is the 25th, I will have to start a Sept sign up thread for the challenge within the next day or so, do you think we should continue with the thread and challenge or should we do it on our own???????
YES!! I definitely think we should keep doing this. I love these folks that are doing this and I would sure miss them as I travel through my weight loss journey. I will be on a weight loss journey for many months and you guys sure do make it easier and more fun.

Soooo....COUNT ME IN (if you chose to do it again)!!

Missy
Old 08-25-2010, 04:00 PM

I have to go fabric shopping for the winner, too many parties, picnics, I am not making excuses, but just wasn't motivated enough.............calla/Sue MissyGirl what is virgin mimosas ???
Old 08-25-2010, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by calla
I have to go fabric shopping for the winner, too many parties, picnics, I am not making excuses, but just wasn't motivated enough.............calla/Sue MissyGirl what is virgin mimosas ???
Calla/Sue,

Mimosas are champagne and orange juice. Virgin ones use sparkling cider and orange juice. Mimosas are very popular for brunches but I do not drink and neither does Mike or his mom. So, I am making them virgins. I hope that made sense. LOL

Missy
Old 08-25-2010, 04:24 PM

Oh you guys I am so sad right now.

My sister Lisa who is supposed to be getting married on Oct 9 came over today to tell us her fiance is leaving her for another woman. He brought the other woman to their home last night so he could tell Lisa it was over. My sister is a MESS.

My mom took her back to their place to get the things she wants. It is horrible right now. So many tears.

My step dad and I gathered all the wedding stuff and put it away while they are gone. We just want to make it easier for Lisa.

I do not know what to do or what to say. I am so mad at him for bringing that other woman to their home. So, right in front of Lisa's son Zach, the two of them told Lisa it was over and that they were soul mates and blah blah blah. Can you imagine?!?!

My step dad is spitting nails right now. OMG.

I am at a total loss. Tomorrow is the brunch I have scheduled with Mike and his mom and my mom. DO I cancel it? Do I have it? I have no idea what to do about that. I have all this stuff I have prepared for the brunch.

Like I said, I am at a total loss here. *sigh*

Missy