Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Old 08-25-2010, 05:15 PM

Hi Missy, Don't change your plans, your sister would not want you to.
As for that scumbag in time she will realize that it could have happened after they where married The worst is that he was so wrapped up in himself not to consider Zach and his fellings. Hell is not hot enough for a small person like that. Sorry I should curb my reaction but this type of thing is a sore spot for me. I can't stand selfish people. Give your sister time and support and all the love your family has to give her and Zach God has a plan.
Gail
Old 08-25-2010, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Hi Missy, Don't change your plans, your sister would not want you to.
As for that scumbag in time she will realize that it could have happened after they where married The worst is that he was so wrapped up in himself not to consider Zach and his fellings. Hell is not hot enough for a small person like that. Sorry I should curb my reaction but this type of thing is a sore spot for me. I can't stand selfish people. Give your sister time and support and all the love your family has to give her and Zach God has a plan.
Gail
Thank you Gail. I will have the brunch. I do think time is the best medicine I think. Just so sad, ya know?

Missy
Old 08-25-2010, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Trupeach I would like this to continue. It giv"es us all a place to vent when needed and a place where we can get a way to go". Even if we are a small portion of those who signed up I think I would do even worse without all of you to talk with.
Gail
I agree with the comments. It is a good boost for me.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Oh you guys I am so sad right now.

My sister Lisa who is supposed to be getting married on Oct 9 came over today to tell us her fiance is leaving her for another woman. He brought the other woman to their home last night so he could tell Lisa it was over. My sister is a MESS.

My mom took her back to their place to get the things she wants. It is horrible right now. So many tears.

My step dad and I gathered all the wedding stuff and put it away while they are gone. We just want to make it easier for Lisa.

I do not know what to do or what to say. I am so mad at him for bringing that other woman to their home. So, right in front of Lisa's son Zach, the two of them told Lisa it was over and that they were soul mates and blah blah blah. Can you imagine?!?!

My step dad is spitting nails right now. OMG.

I am at a total loss. Tomorrow is the brunch I have scheduled with Mike and his mom and my mom. DO I cancel it? Do I have it? I have no idea what to do about that. I have all this stuff I have prepared for the brunch.

Like I said, I am at a total loss here. *sigh*

Missy
Your sister isnt the only one who has a bast**d for and ex. What Joyce's did to her would make your hair curl. My feeling is good riddens to bad rubbish!!!!!!!!! ( my granny always said that)
Have the party, it is not like someone died, she got dumped it happens to everyone. And having a wedding date means nothing Joyce had a wedding date Oct 10 and guess what day her ex married the girl he was cheating on Joyce with??????? Oct 10. Most guy as SOB's
Old 08-25-2010, 10:34 PM

Missy Trupeach is right. Our daughter had her whole world turned upside down by her ex and my husband and I missed seeing our only two grandchildren because of him. Too long and painful a story.
Have a great time tomorrow and tell us all about it.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:11 AM

Trupeach,
I would like for you to continue this thread/support group. Although I've not been commenting much, I do read it and get encouragement to stick with my plan and reach my goal.
Oh and right now, I'm really hyped... lost 2 more lbs.... the only loss for August so far, but it just dropped off!!! :D doing the happy dance. Thank you everyone for the support to keep trying, and not give up hope.
Peach....hang in there.... we all love you and have been where you are ...where the weight just won't give it up...stay focused on your goal and drink lots of water with a slice of fruit for pizazz and a hint of flavor without the calories.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:14 AM

Missy,
It's better he leave now instead of after...
Will keep you and your family in my prayers
Old 08-26-2010, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Leota
Missy,
Thank you so much Leota!!

I have just a few more minutes until the quiche and palmiers are done then in the oven goes the crostinis.

Sigh. I am pooped.

Missy
Old 08-26-2010, 10:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by Leota
Missy,
Thank you so much Leota!!

I have just a few more minutes until the quiche and palmiers are done then in the oven goes the crostinis.

Sigh. I am pooped.

Missy
Maybe you are pooped but that is a good sign it means you have been moving your butt. So even though the food is more then calories then you would eat if you count calories with preparing the food the extas calories are probably a wash. Did that make sense???????????
Old 08-26-2010, 10:17 AM

Well I have my fat quarter ready. Health issues sidelined me this month. Had heart procedure and am now on Coumadian. At least as of today in range and do not have to do lovonox shots too. I do want to be on the Sept list. Is there anyone dealing with this or know someone who is on blood thinner and have any suggestions?

I have missed most of the posts but am slowly going back and catching up for the month.

Such a great group and so much support.