Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Old 08-26-2010, 10:32 AM

Im in for September if you all are. I have to get new batteries for my home scale though.

I have not cheated ONE day, ONE calorie and the thing is saying I weigh this much one minute and that I gained a pound and half the next.

Finally this am I decided to do a little experiment. I got dressed, weighed on the wacko scale twice of course it was two different amounts, went to the office and weighed in on my physician's scale. These two scales used to be dead on. I weigh almost two pounds less than my home one said I did just a few minutes before. Methinks me batteries may be dying a slow death!

Looks like Im off to Walmart tonight to get some batteries.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by grannie-k
Well I have my fat quarter ready. Health issues sidelined me this month. Had heart procedure and am now on Coumadian. At least as of today in range and do not have to do lovonox shots too. I do want to be on the Sept list. Is there anyone dealing with this or know someone who is on blood thinner and have any suggestions?

I have missed most of the posts but am slowly going back and catching up for the month.

Such a great group and so much support.
Sorry to hear about your heart. I do know from my Mom that you have to have blood tests every month to check the thinning of your blood. You don't want it to get too thin. Also, you will bruise easily--that's from the blood thinning cumadin. I wish you well. Take good care of yourself. Donna
Old 08-26-2010, 12:18 PM

Missy, Go ahead with the brunch as tho nothing has happened. Be there for your sister whenever she needs you, however. I am so sorry to hear this about your sister. I know some people have men who are worthless; however, there are some good ones around--like my hubby for 50 yrs. Tell her not to give up just be careful. Donna
Old 08-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Banned

I seems like we should continue next month. I have my FQ ready for this months winner hoever that might be.

I will let you know when I start the sign up thread for Sept..............now what should the theme be???????
Old 08-26-2010, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by Leota
Missy,
It's better he leave now instead of after...
Will keep you and your family in my prayers
Thank you so much Leota!!

I have just a few more minutes until the quiche and palmiers are done then in the oven goes the crostinis.

Sigh. I am pooped.

Missy
Maybe you are pooped but that is a good sign it means you have been moving your butt. So even though the food is more then calories then you would eat if you count calories with preparing the food the extas calories are probably a wash. Did that make sense???????????
Yep it does make sense! The brunch was a success. Everybody loved everything. AWESOME!

In the mail today I got my order from OneStopPlus and I fit into a Size 4X pants!!! I have been wearing a 7x and 6x. Holy moly. What a great feeling!

Missy
Old 08-26-2010, 03:00 PM

MissyGirl, Where are the photos? you teased us and said you would take photos of the table before and photos of everyone enjoying the brunch. I've been waiting ALL day long for them :) :) :)
Old 08-26-2010, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Terryl
MissyGirl, Where are the photos? you teased us and said you would take photos of the table before and photos of everyone enjoying the brunch. I've been waiting ALL day long for them :) :) :)
HOLY MOLY!!! I forgot!! Oh my word. I am a knucklehead today. I am sorry guys. We are going to do this again soon. It was such a success.

Oh I was going to say if anyone wants any of the recipes let me know.

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-104940.jpe  
Old 08-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Banned

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 03:23 PM

Grannie-k so glad your doing better. We had our Aunt who was on blood thinners and she had to watch out for depleting her potassium . Doctor check her often so you might as your doctor about that. I'm not sure if it was Coumadian
gail
Old 08-26-2010, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel so bad. I am so sorry. I will take pictures next time, I promise!!!!

Please forgive me guys.

Missy