Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Old 08-26-2010, 04:35 PM

Okay after bragging that I havent cheated I did! I had somebody that embarrassed me so badly that I wanted to cry and made me so FURIOUS that I sat down with the Wendy's equivalent of a Blizzard and a bag of pretzels.

I have not been this mad at anybody, except my hubby ;), in a few years. I was so furious that I had a blood pressure headache.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by seamstome
Okay after bragging that I havent cheated I did! I had somebody that embarrassed me so badly that I wanted to cry and made me so FURIOUS that I sat down with the Wendy's equivalent of a Blizzard and a bag of pretzels.

I have not been this mad at anybody, except my hubby ;), in a few years. I was so furious that I had a blood pressure headache.
It is not right that someone embarrassed you like this. I do not blame you for being so upset.

What's done is done and tomorrow is a new day. It will be just fine.

Missy
Old 08-26-2010, 09:38 PM

Hey seamstome don't beat yourself up. They are the ones that should feel bad and owe you an apology. As missy said tomorrow is another day just start fresh and remember God loves you that is what really counts.
gail
Old 08-27-2010, 07:27 AM

Seamstome: I am sorry. Sometimes people can just be rude.

Today is a new day climb back on that horse and ride into the wind.Good luck
Old 08-27-2010, 07:36 AM

It is confession time. I gained all my weight back. Yesterday I had lost 17 additional pounds, but I guess I found them. So, for the record,. I am at 255 and starting over. I just read what I wrote to vovoa last month and now I have a plan.

My mother struggled with her weight for all her life. Now she is diabetic and she weighs 112. I'm going to visit her for 10 days each month and eat exactly what she does, writing it down. Thia ia cheaper and more effective than Jenny or Nutrisystem. Until I can get there, I will be sticking to Slimfast for a jump start.

I will gladly share what I learn and my daily progress. This ismy plan and I'm sticking to it.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:40 AM

Funny thing is that I lost weight on both my wacko scale and my physician's scale. I think I was so upset that I burned off the calories pacing and clenching and unclenching my fists a thousand times.

Today is a new day and things are going much better. I told my hubby what happened and he was ready to shoot the guy. Luckily we dont own guns. I realized that some people are just too stupid to live. This guy doesnt have the guts to come see me face to face so there is no possibility of me inflicting physical harm.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
It is confession time. I gained all my weight back. Yesterday I had lost 17 additional pounds, but I guess I found them. So, for the record,. I am at 255 and starting over. I just read what I wrote to vovoa last month and now I have a plan.

My mother struggled with her weight for all her life. Now she is diabetic and she weighs 112. I'm going to visit her for 10 days each month and eat exactly what she does, writing it down. Thia ia cheaper and more effective than Jenny or Nutrisystem. Until I can get there, I will be sticking to Slimfast for a jump start.

I will gladly share what I learn and my daily progress. This ismy plan and I'm sticking to it.
Gwyn,

I am sorry you gained your weight back. I know how that feels.

Your plan to spend time with your mom and eating the same way she does sounds like a good plan to me. The journaling of the food you eat is a great thing. I hope that gives you the jump you need to get back on the losing track.

Do you have diabetes like your mom? I do not remember reading that you have that problem.

I will be thinking about you and how you are doing with your mom.

Don't forget to write in and tell us what you are learning and how you are eating. I would love to hear that.

Hang in there! I am here for you anytime.

Missy
Old 08-27-2010, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I seems like we should continue next month. I have my FQ ready for this months winner hoever that might be.

I will let you know when I start the sign up thread for Sept..............now what should the theme be???????
How about something about school starting...like apples or something.

Missy
Old 08-27-2010, 07:45 AM

When is the sign up for September?? I missed august and I have been trying to lose weight since the middle of July and have lost almost 7 lbs! So I am excited to join septembers thread.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:51 AM

[quote=MissyGirl]
Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by Terryl
MissyGirl, Where are the photos? you teased us and said you would take photos of the table before and photos of everyone enjoying the brunch. I've been waiting ALL day long for them :) :) :)
DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel so bad. I am so sorry. I will take pictures next time, I promise!!!!

Please forgive me guys.

You are forgiven little Sis. It was nice imagining what everything looked like. I wanted to see if my imagination was anywhere close to the actual brunch.

:lol: :lol: