Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Old 08-28-2010, 05:27 AM
Banned

I realized what I am doing wrong. When I lost the 19 lb in 3 months it was when DD was really sick and there wasn't any certain time she ate. I was feeding her every hour. However I had breakfast then a late morning snack. Lunch was around 2 then a snack then dinner around 9PM. Since DD is eating 3 meals a day and snacks between dinner is at 5 -6 as it always was. For some reason after dinner I get hungry and will eat everything and anything until I go to bed. This week I am going to go back to having dinner later at night. I could make it earlier for DD but I won't eat then. It isn't as if we sit at the table and eat we got in the habit of eating while watching TV or depending on DD she could be in bed. I knwo they say not to have a big meal late but most Europeans eat dinner at 9-10PM and most of them are thin so they have to be doing something right. I am going to eat that way. The British have high tea in the afternoon with scones and clotted cream to ward off the hunger until dinner. So for 1 month I am going to eat like them. High tea in the afternoon with toast, not scones and a drop of jam. I will eat my dinner at 9 and not change a thing for a month and see what happens after the month is over. If I gain weight then I know it wasn't a good thing to do. If I stay the same weight they I have to come up with a different game plan. If I loss weight then I will stick to it and say Americans don't know what the heck they are doing my saying it is unhealth to eat a large meal late at night.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:39 AM

trupeach1: You said a mouthful! (no pun intended) The British are all skin and bones and I have always wondered how they do it when they eat so late. You may be onto something because when I eat late, I sleep great! ON a full stomach, but I do sleep well! Can I tag along with you on this plan for a month? I will accept full responsibility for any weight gained as a result and will give you all the credit if it works!
Old 08-28-2010, 06:26 AM

That sounds like a plan with high tea in the p.m. I decided to join a yoga class this week. It has been way too hot to walk but is beginning to cool off so will begin walking again. Hopefully between the yoga, walking, and eating properly, I will lose more weight.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
trupeach1: You said a mouthful! (no pun intended) The British are all skin and bones and I have always wondered how they do it when they eat so late. You may be onto something because when I eat late, I sleep great! ON a full stomach, but I do sleep well! Can I tag along with you on this plan for a month? I will accept full responsibility for any weight gained as a result and will give you all the credit if it works!
Welcome aboard, wouldn't it be great if it really works. I am going to have either cinnamon tea or cinnamon sugar on my toast in the afternoon as cinnamon is a natural appetite suppressant. 1 tsp sugar is only 15 calories and 1 tsp goes a long way if you sprinkle in on. So I am going to mix 1/4 c sugar with 1 tbsp cinnamon, put it in a jar so I am set and ready to go. I don't know what the calorie count is of ready made cinnamon sugar so it is easier and most probably cheaper to make my own which I have always done. sprinkle 1/2 tsp on my toast. If I use white bread or 1/2 english muffin at 60 calories sprinkled with cinnamon sugar it will be a 70 calorie afternoon snack. Or 5 saltine crackers are 60 calories but it you use 4 crackers and put 1/2 tsp jam between 2 and make it like a cookie with a cracker top and bottom that would be about 65 calories for a snack. So that is what I am doing I WILL HAVE that combo of a bread/cracker carb with a little jam or sugar with a LARGE cup of tea. Maybe it is that combo that makes it work. Plus think about it if you put bread or crackers in liquid they expand so they will expand in my stomach and fill me up. It all make sense in theory. So no more yogurt or fruit for an afternoon/high tea snack. I will have yogurt or fruit for breakfast or morning snack but an afternoon snack is.............. high tea for me!!!!!!!!!!!! yes yes I intended to rhyme.

Muffins are also good however they are high in calories. I don't really like sweet stuff. I will experiment with making HEALTHY sugarless or less sugar muffins sweetened with pureed fruit and post the recipe if it works out with less then 100 calories. OH maybe it would be those tiney mini muffins and we could eat 2. 2 mini muffins on a plate sound so good. I will work on this.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I realized what I am doing wrong. When I lost the 19 lb in 3 months it was when DD was really sick and there wasn't any certain time she ate. I was feeding her every hour. However I had breakfast then a late morning snack. Lunch was around 2 then a snack then dinner around 9PM. Since DD is eating 3 meals a day and snacks between dinner is at 5 -6 as it always was. For some reason after dinner I get hungry and will eat everything and anything until I go to bed. This week I am going to go back to having dinner later at night. I could make it earlier for DD but I won't eat then. It isn't as if we sit at the table and eat we got in the habit of eating while watching TV or depending on DD she could be in bed. I knwo they say not to have a big meal late but most Europeans eat dinner at 9-10PM and most of them are thin so they have to be doing something right. I am going to eat that way. The British have high tea in the afternoon with scones and clotted cream to ward off the hunger until dinner. So for 1 month I am going to eat like them. High tea in the afternoon with toast, not scones and a drop of jam. I will eat my dinner at 9 and not change a thing for a month and see what happens after the month is over. If I gain weight then I know it wasn't a good thing to do. If I stay the same weight they I have to come up with a different game plan. If I loss weight then I will stick to it and say Americans don't know what the heck they are doing my saying it is unhealth to eat a large meal late at night.
Wow Tru! That sounds like a great plan. I never would have thought of that! You go girl!

Missy
Old 08-28-2010, 07:11 AM

TruPeach... sounds like a wonderful plan.
You are also sounding more like the old Trupeach :D Upbeast and with a Goal in mind and Plan to reach it.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:03 AM

Isn't there a treat called biscotti that looks like a bread? It isn't really sweet, but tastes like almond? Dad made it sometimes. It is fun to dunk in the tea.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Isn't there a treat called biscotti that looks like a bread? It isn't really sweet, but tastes like almond? Dad made it sometimes. It is fun to dunk in the tea.
yes they are like a biscuit......... biscotti means twice baked. Commonly they do have ground almonds or almond flavor or pastachio nuts. I am allergic to nuts so I make many other flavors. You make the dough in a low loaf then when they are baked you remove the loaf from the oven and slice it on an angle. You then return it to the oven to bake again. They are a hard biscuit which last forever (not really )if stored in a tin. At the hoildays I make then with grated orange and dip the tip in chocolate or add dried cranberries to the batter. From what I can remember they have about 100 calories for 1 which is about the size of a 1/2 slice of bread. I will look at my recipe and figure out the calorie count, that would be a nice snack with tea. If it is around 100 calories I will post the recipe . The are VERY hard and I like them diped in tea.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:31 PM

Oh brother! The chaos has begun in my house. My stepdad is unloading 30 boxes of 7' hardwood flooring materials. Just before he picked those up he unloaded 3 new toilets. In ten days the demolition will begin in our kitchen. Six weeks after they the windows are going to be replaced and then after that the siding is going to go up on the house.

Apparently there is a rush to get this done before winter hits. That is fine but it is going to send me to the moon. Ugh. I hate household chaos.

Let us all pray that I will keep my sanity during this time.

I have a very busy month coming in September. Lots of appointments and I should hear around the 11th whether or not the Advocacy Program accepted my Letter of Interest.

As usual, I will keep you all updated.

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-106254.jpe  
Old 08-28-2010, 02:40 PM

[quote=MissyGirl]Oh brother! The chaos has begun in my house. My stepdad is unloading 30 boxes of 7' hardwood flooring materials. Just before he picked those up he unloaded 3 new toilets. In ten days the demolition will begin in our kitchen. Six weeks after they the windows are going to be replaced and then after that the siding is going to go up on the house.

Apparently there is a rush to get this done before winter hits. That is fine but it is going to send me to the moon. Ugh. I hate household chaos.

A couple years ago we installed hardwood floors in our house. I spent weeks picking out the wood, we picked it up,son and husband hauled in 48 boxes (1000 square feet) in 90 degree weather. I pulled some pieces out and quickly realized I did not like my choice! Took me 2 days to get the nerve to tell my husband. He just shook his head and said"better call your son". My wonderful son came and loaded it all up and returned it and hauled in the perfect flooring a week later. I love the floors but they don't come easy!! enjoy the adventure and keep smiling. We laugh about this all the time now! And since then we have done many more projects and nobody has been killed or divorced!