Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Upcoming Quilt.......or Disaster!!!! by Danmar >

My Upcoming Quilt.......or Disaster!!!! by Danmar

My Upcoming Quilt.......or Disaster!!!! by Danmar

Old 08-02-2010, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by stefanib123
Ok, here's the REAL story:

Agent Pauline is a super secret FBICIAABC agent. There is a top secret mission that needs a super secret, super special quilt to save the world. Pauline MUST find the one person who is up to the challenge and has been predicted by the ancient Amish to appear in the 21st century.

Enter THE TESTS. Agent Pauline has been searching the world over testing and trying to find THE ONE who has the gift that is required for this super secret quilt. Candidates are tested with tests that will kill a mere mortal quilter. THE ONE has not been found. Time is running out.

Will Danmar be THE ONE? Has Agent Pauline finally found the one that she has searched to the ends of the earth for? Will the prediction be fulfilled and mankind saved?

Tune in next time to find out!
How Funny! Thank You!!! I think that Super Secret Agent Pauline may of found.....THE ONE!!! What other mere mortal quilter, who hasn't even been quilting for 2 years yet, would even take on this "Extreme Challenge", and charge such a small fee??? I think that I could maybe....possibly be.....THE ONE!

Is Super Secret Agent Pauline in for the surprise of her long career of "Super Secret Agenting"??? Will the afore mentioned super secret, super special quilt be the most awesome, awe inspiring, Cheap :o), earth shatteringly gorgeous, mankind saving quilt....that the world has been waiting for???

Will danmar be......THE ONE????? Only time will tell....will danmar succeed in forfilling the prediction and save mankind or.......is Super Secret Agent Pauline going to be sooo extremely disappointment and PO'ed, she will have to ship danmar off to her secret torture chamber for all the mere mortals who have disappointed her????

To be continued......
Old 08-02-2010, 08:59 AM

Minimum for that many squares with that many pieces plus the design work would be $300. That quilt, which, by the way will be stunning with the kites, is a $1000. quilt here in the east. You should enter it somewhere before she gets it back. Its sure to win a prize. Or make a pattern to sell. I would buy a pattern this intricate,
Old 08-02-2010, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
I like the colors together in the top picture.
I like the colors together in the lower picture.

I'm not so sure about liking both groups together.

Does Pauline have any clue whatsoever as to what is involved in making a quilt?
I have heard that she use to quilt. I don't know what kind of quilts she made or anything else though.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by scoobertina
I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out.. I am positive you will make it beautiful and exactly what she wants.. good luck also on the vote..
Thank you very much, for your confidence in me and on the vote! I appreciate it!
Old 08-02-2010, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
Originally Posted by stefanib123
Ok, here's the REAL story:

Agent Pauline is a super secret FBICIAABC agent. There is a top secret mission that needs a super secret, super special quilt to save the world. Pauline MUST find the one person who is up to the challenge and has been predicted by the ancient Amish to appear in the 21st century.

Enter THE TESTS. Agent Pauline has been searching the world over testing and trying to find THE ONE who has the gift that is required for this super secret quilt. Candidates are tested with tests that will kill a mere mortal quilter. THE ONE has not been found. Time is running out.

Will Danmar be THE ONE? Has Agent Pauline finally found the one that she has searched to the ends of the earth for? Will the prediction be fulfilled and mankind saved?

Tune in next time to find out!
Now you're making a story for Danmar!! How cute! Are you going to finish your story of the mailman having you on his HIT LIST!!
I'm on the mailman's hit list? So THAT explains why she gives me the stink eye! LOL!

Seriouslly, though, wrong person...... I think!
Old 08-02-2010, 09:07 AM

Marilyn, please do this quilt as you did SWISH, step-by-step. I think you've got all us intrigued about PAULINE'S quilt!!! My DSIL tried to do this to me and after she picked the pattern out, went shopping from my stash for all the fabrics she wanted, I finished my other projects I was working on, called her to tell her I was ready to start on her quilt, she then proceeded to tell me she bought a ready made quilt from Wal-Mart. It wasn't even the same colors she had picked out. I guess she thought I could get a quilt together in a day or two and got tired of waiting on me. I was sooooooo glad because she also had kept changing her mind on the fabrics. GOOD LUCK to you on Pauline's quilt! Also buy a HUGE bottle of aspirin(for all your headache's) to handle this endeavor.

Thank you. I may come to wish that Pauline would go to Wal Mart. I guess all the changes in patterns and colors are to keep us on our toes, and check our memories. Make sure that we make the "Last design" talked about. :lol:
Old 08-02-2010, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by oldswimmer
Wow is right.....I wont wish you good luck, but I will wish you great Success. In your case I am not sure luck would have anything to do with it.... Its going to be your great talent and patience and vision to pull this off.... and you of all people, can do it!
I also think you are a saint!
Why, thank you!
Saint danmar at your service
Old 08-02-2010, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by JanetM
Hey Marilyn, I've got an idea...just kidding :lol: You have to be the most patient person I know. I couldn't help but laugh at all of the changes...how do you keep it straight?

I know you want to make the quilt that Pauline expects so I think you do need to show her (as best you can) how the finished quilt will look, to get her final (is there such a thing) approval. That way you can make it without second guessing yourself, and she will receive the quilt she invisions.

I would love to see the continuation of this saga, pictures and all. i really enjoyed seeing your Swish quilt progress. I think you are going to win...you sure deserve to. :-D :-D :thumbup:
Oh, go on! I'm getting use to suggestions!!! LOL That is the main reason I put this on here. I figured everyone would get a laugh out of this story. I emailed it to a friend who did.

That is my biggest worry. I am afraid that I'll make it like she said, and then she will be disappointed in it and not want to pay me for it. That's why I intend to make blocks that I know will be pretty and have the contrast in colors that I want, and then I'll make one block out of 2 darks so she can see the difference the colors will make. I really hate to disappoint people in any way.

Whatever happens, I will make a beautiful quilt and save the world!
danmar
Old 08-02-2010, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Eagle Hawk
Originally Posted by danmar
Originally Posted by Butterflyblue
I think it will be pretty, anyway. I like the colors a lot. And I did actually think the kite shapes made it look better (not that it was bad before). But I can imagine how I would be gritting my teeth every time the phone rang with her wanting to change her mind every little bit!
Oh! I guess that I forgot to mention that I love the Kites! I think it will be really awesome looking. I am just a little concerned about the dark blues and dark purple that will go in the Carpenter's Stars. I think the colors for the little 8 Point Stars and the red and green will all look great! I'm going to probably talk to her and see if she can get more of the one red I use if I need it, so that all the reds match throughout the quilt.

Yea, the kites will be awesome. My DH is just sure that I will hear from her again with more changes. :lol:

I think it will look a bit like a planned scrap quilt, although I hope she won't see it that way. A scrap quilt, meaning so many different colors. If it works out with all those colors I think it will be one absolutely beautiful quilt. With you expertise I have no doubt it will work out great and I am so anxious to see the final results as well as the tutorial as you do it. Go for it. I am sure it will be fantastic!
Thank you, EagleHawk. I knew I could count on your being behind me 100%. and It will be fantastic!
Old 08-02-2010, 09:20 AM

You're charging WAY too low on the price, relative or not!!!
That's kind of what I though. At first, $150 for the 8 Point Star and a simple chain block seemed reasonable. But $200 for what I'm doing now does seem really low, to me too. I just can't ask her for much more.