Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The Farmer's Wife Quilt -Along, Discussion Page for Blocks 1 &  2 >

The Farmer's Wife Quilt -Along, Discussion Page for Blocks 1 & 2

The Farmer's Wife Quilt -Along, Discussion Page for Blocks 1 & 2

Old 11-16-2010, 09:26 AM

No, didn't know there was a book to go with the making of the Farmer's Wife Sampler.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:09 AM

Chali: did you ever get your copy of The Farmers Wife Sampler Quilt book? I just got an email from Nancy's Notions and Connecting Threads. They both have the book on sale (I didn't check the prices) so you might want to look there. This is the first "group" quilt I've participated in and I can't tell you how much I've learned and I've been quilting for years. Hope you join us!!
Old 01-30-2011, 07:05 AM

Last but not least here! Here it is, the end of January, and I am finally getting started. Thanks to Honchey, I have printed out all the rotary cutting instructions. But I am having trouble finding the instructions for Blocks 1 and 2. I have searched everywhere! Can someone lead me in the right direction? Thanks. Now back to work...I have lots of catching up to do.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:15 PM

Hi Debbiemg, If you go to "The Blocks of the Month and Week" it is the fifth thread that you should open then scroll down to the end and that is where the instructions for the 1st and 2nd block are located. Good Luck and Welcome!! Anne
Old 01-30-2011, 02:48 PM

Thanks, Anne. I didn't even think to look there.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:33 PM

Welcome Debbiemg! You're going to have so much fun! If you're good at paper piecing, it helps a lot with the blocks with the small half-square triangles.

There is a Yahoo group that is doing the Farmer's Wife quilt. They started before we did. They have all the paper piecing patterns there. You have to join their group to access them. It's also nice to post your blocks and make some comments on their blocks. You still have to buy the book in any case.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:14 PM

I thought I signed up but not sure. I am going to do a scrap queen size. Can't wait. Just seen we were are already started so I am working on 1 and 2 tonight.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:27 PM

It's okay. I had to stop making blocks a couple of months ago. Once summer is here, I'll start making them again. Everyone is working at their own pace. Just have fun--that's the purpose of the whole thing!
Old 09-24-2011, 11:43 AM

Well just like anything else I've ever done I'm gonna just jump right in & get my feet wet! Bought my book, pulled fabrics from my stash, printed out at 100% the first couple block templates and converted for PP to tracing paper. So with 52wks in a year and 111 blocks to do.......if I do 2 a wk it will only take me 55 1/2 wks! Thats just a little over a year! Hmmmmmmm very doable! LOL Maybe I'll get real energetic & shave some time off that year by a 1/4, 1/4, or maybe even in 1/2! We shall see, WISH ME LUCK!

PS: Big welcome to any other newcomers that want to join me! I don't like being alone!
Old 09-24-2011, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Morningcoffeegal
Well just like anything else I've ever done I'm gonna just jump right in & get my feet wet! Bought my book, pulled fabrics from my stash, printed out at 100% the first couple block templates and converted for PP to tracing paper. So with 52wks in a year and 111 blocks to do.......if I do 2 a wk it will only take me 55 1/2 wks! Thats just a little over a year! Hmmmmmmm very doable! LOL Maybe I'll get real energetic & shave some time off that year by a 1/4, 1/4, or maybe even in 1/2! We shall see, WISH ME LUCK!

PS: Big welcome to any other newcomers that want to join me! I don't like being alone!
Sorry I can't join you (I'm still struggling to get my blocks together!), but go for it! It really was a fun journey and it did take us a year. Some weeks I did more than two blocks, other weeks I didn't do any at all! :) I finished the blocks ahead of schedule but now have not even gotten it laid out in a way I like. (sigh)