Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
IRR III - 2010-2011    }6{ First Rounds >

IRR III - 2010-2011 }6{ First Rounds

IRR III - 2010-2011 }6{ First Rounds

Old 06-01-2011, 02:38 PM

Thank you for passing this news on to us Kay, sad as it is. Glad to hear that your husbands surgery was both uneventful and successful.

Margaret if you should read this then my deepest condolences are with you along with my prayers.

I love rainbows, I see them as a bridge between earth and heaven so take heart in the knowledge that he is now walking in a place of beauty free of his recent illness shackles. Take comfort in the knowledge that we are all thinking of you in your hours of need.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:45 PM

Margaret, I am so sorry fpr the loss of your husband, I cannot imagine how you are coping. Please know I will be keeping you in my prayers as you walk through all you are facing.

Also, I see from my last post I need to give an update also. my mother in law passed away last Friday, I cared for her in our home until she passed on. It was quite an intense time and I am still really tired.
Update on my husband- he is recovering well, still off work for several more weeks, but it was a blessing that he could be home with his mom for her last two weeks in our home.
But I just purchased fabric today for Amy's border. Still not sure what I will do yet but hope to still get it done by the next mailing date.
I am also still waiting to see more pictures of finished borders!!
Old 06-01-2011, 06:26 PM

Margaret sorry to hear about your husband! My prayers are with you and your family!

I have yet to start on the center I have! I'm so lost when I look at it! Mainly because my sewing room is out side in the storage building (b/c I moved) and I cant seam to cope with the heat, it's been in the 100's here! But i shall press on and get to work!
Old 06-02-2011, 08:07 AM

Vicki, so glad your husband is better sorry to hear about mother-in-law. My husband is better also. We are all having a lot of medical things happening to family members...we all have our bumps in the road. Maybe1day is also having health problems with her family...we all should just include everyone in our group in our prayers. I too am dragging my feet getting to the sewing room...my husband built me a 14 X 24 sewing shop before his surgery and I am having trouble getting everything moved in...hope to get most of it done this weekend...BUT have to sew any way...LOL. We may all be running a little late this month and if that happens it just happens...we can all deal with it as long as we know what is happening...sooooooo...please if you have trouble meeting the deadline make sure you let the person you mail to know what is going on...we can adjust however we need to as long as we know what is happening. Thanks. Kay
Old 06-06-2011, 01:41 PM

Where is everyone? All busy sewing away? Mail date is not that far away...hope you are all further than I am...LOL.

Got most everything moved to my sewing shop over the weekend...what a mess!!! Didn't realize I had so much stuff...LOL...now the fun part trying to get everything organized and in it's place.

Let me hear from you so we can all be on the same page with the mailing of the centers.

Thanks! Kay
Old 06-06-2011, 05:05 PM

Well, I now have a design plan and have made a couple of sample blocks for the border I am working on. That is progress for me! It should go together pretty quickly once I get going. I think I will go do some cutting now!
How about everyone else? Must be busy sewing, like Kay said.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:15 AM

Hi everyone,
"Life" is still kicking my butt. I was on my way to CA Wednesday to see my granddaughter graduate from HS, when my sister called me to tell me our father had passed away. Kept going to CA (I was driving) delivered T-shirt quilt and hugs to DGD and turned around (didn't go to graduation) drove home to LV and got on plane to Iowa. While in Iowa, house in Phoenix fell through. DH found another and offer accepted (I still haven't seen it. I got home yesterday - my square is still sitting on top of sewing table with different materials and I have absolutely no idea what to do with it. I promise it will be in the mail on time (if I don't have a total melt down before). Seriously, it is all going to come together and be done in time. :)
Old 06-07-2011, 09:19 AM

Just looking in from Group 9, and wanted to let Jackiesmith know that others are thinking of her. So sorry to hear about your dad. Life kinda gets in the way sometimes, but we all to keep plodding on. I'm pretty sure that this is a great reason for being at least a little behind, and everyone will understand.Look after you, and don't let it get to total meltdown. Take some time out for yiu before then.Sending an international hug to you.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:29 AM

jackie, so sorry to hear your troubles! My prayers are with you and your family! take care of you first and the quilts will be there when you are ready!
Old 06-07-2011, 01:06 PM

Jackie, for sure take care of yourself first...life has been throwing all of us some bumps this time...I still have not got my row ready to mail...so we all may be a little late just make sure you let the person ahead of you know and everyone will be OK...