Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Boy jailed for having a permanent marker! >

Boy jailed for having a permanent marker!

Boy jailed for having a permanent marker!

Old 12-27-2010, 08:25 PM

Some of these stories remind me of when my son was in the 7th grade. I had to go into the hospital for surgery and specifically informed the school where my family would be on that day should anything happen that they needed to contact us. As luck would have it, very first period my son tore a ligament in his ankle. The football coach told him to walk it off. The only reason we were contacted is because he couldn't walk out to the school bus fast enough and they left him. By that time, we had to cut his shoe off his foot was so swollen. The first memory I have of waking up from surgery was knowing my son was in pain in my room. I was so grogy but I forced myself awake enough to ask about him. Talk about mad! Good thing I was flat on my back at the time, or good ole coach might have gotten an a$$ whopping.. Sorry, but I was furious!
Old 12-27-2010, 09:03 PM

Ok, so the report lists the teacher's name and address---let's all send her a note and tell her not to be a marker nazi!
Old 12-27-2010, 11:05 PM

re: Vit. pill, no you can't bring them to school. I feel sorry for Parents, teachers, and children. years ago parents were not always running to school because a child got in trouble. Boys got hacks and girls made up hours where I went. I asked for the hack, lol was told no only boys. girls wore dresses and skirts, shirts were tucked in, basically you were taught to be ladies and gentlemen. Then parents got more involved with school, now schools do not give hacks, at the same token, it is difficult to hack at home. Children are taking over at a very young age, not all) lots of good ones. Some 13 years old are the same as a 16 + year old was years ago, how do you tell the good from the stinkers? can't until it's to late. Teachers are more scared of children today than ever in history, that I know of. Well, I'm finding my self writing a book, do not mean to. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with any one person here. only sharing.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:04 AM

I think devil worship is ok It is the Christian worship that is forbidden. We need to get back to the Bible and Prayer in the schools and then there wouldn't be so many problems.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:24 AM
tmg

thats going just to far.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:18 AM

We've got custody of an 11 year old granddaughter. When she was in 3rd grade that attends a private school. One Saturday I had to take her to the ER with a bladder infection. Come to find out when the Dr. was asking question she told him she had passed out in the hall the day before at school. When he looked at me he asked me why I waited to take her to the Dr. until today. I had to tell him I knew nothing about this. She toldl him someone went to get the teacher, the teacher picked her up and sent her back to the classroom. I NEVER got a call from the school or teacher. Her Pediatrician is just four blocks from the school and we pass Urgent Care on the way home.

In fourth grade she was tripped but someone, fell at lunch recess and bumped her head. That was about 12:10 or so. At 3:00 while sitting in the pickup line I got a call from the school secretary telling me they "Just wanted to give me a headsup that she has a little bump on her head." So I walked into the school to check it. As I walked into the office I turned and looked into her classroom and had a direct line of sight to my granddaughter. She was sitting there holding an icebag to her head and no glasses doing her work. I then asked for her to come out of the room. I couldn't believe the size of the bump. It was actually bigger than an egg. Her glasses got broken and she had a bloody nose and swollen lip. I immediately took her out of school, took her to her Pediatrician who sent us for an x-ray. The bump was o.k. but she had a broken nose and a big cut inside her lower lip from the teeth cutting her lip. Come to find out from other children and parents, the little girl that tripped her is a bully and has done this to my granddaughter and other children before. One little boy had to have stitches because she hit him in the face with a ball, he fell and cut his cheek. I also found out she came down the slide, kicked my granddaugher in the back and knocked her over. The two friends that were with her picked her up and brushed her off. I found out from another mother she did the samething to her daughter. This little girl also stomped on another child's foot and broke two toes.

I could never figure out how she gets away with all this until one parent told me her grandparents donated a huge piece of land to the private HS in the area, built a football/track field and stadium for that school. They even named the field after the grandfather. Now it all made sense. I used to sub there but I don't any longer. The teachers told me this child has gotten away with this behavior since pre-k. If she didn't want to do something she didn't have to and has always been treated differently than other children.

Needless to say, we took our granddaughter out of that school and put her in another where there is no behavior problems at all. The teachers are so frustrated with this child they can't control her. If they try they get called into the office. Seems the wrong ones are getting called into the office.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:44 AM

I know in the state of TX it's illegal to sell Sharpies to anyone under 18. This boy was writing on paper not intentionally damaging/drawing graffiti on the desk. The teacher is out of line in my book. Makes me wonder if she had an issue with the kid.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:34 PM

I live in Texas and my kids bought sharpies all the time. When did this goofy law take effect?
Old 12-28-2010, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by patsyo56721
I think devil worship is ok It is the Christian worship that is forbidden. We need to get back to the Bible and Prayer in the schools and then there wouldn't be so many problems.
Did you ever hit the nail on the head!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Now this is rediculous!!!! A teacher saw a boy with a permanent marker in school, called the police and had him arrested!!!! Apparently there's an obscure law about permanent markers and graffitti!!!!!

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...ker-possession
And! That is EXACTLY why sane people need to keep their children home and teach them themselves -- those people in the schools are CRAZZZZY!!! <wave>