Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 07-02-2011, 05:13 PM

Oh, no, Patti. If I'm going to be CIA or MI5, I don't dare blink.

Mousie, I'll make you a special mouse helmet. Talk about traffic jams in the head -- I'm afraid of going into my own mind for a stroll in the park. :shock: :shock:

Girls, Girls.........don't you like the new me? :mrgreen:

I have been so proud of the fact that I've grown my fingernails out to a pretty length. Problem is that it's hard to applique with them. So I had to weigh my dilemma. The fingernails lost. Still working on the reverse applique on Block #10. Looking very nice if I may say so myself.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ducky

Of course, we like the up close & personal you! Who wouldn't. It's just that we had to find something to rib you about!!!

I have been so proud of the fact that I've grown my fingernails out to a pretty length. Problem is that it's hard to applique with them. So I had to weigh my dilemma. The fingernails lost. Still working on the reverse applique on Block #10. Looking very nice if I may say so myself.
Fingernails - with Graves disease, my nails don't have any strength, so they snap off very easily. I need to file them down right now. Hand appliqueing has worn a groove in my thumbnail! They normally aren't the smae length for very long. ALso can't stand the clack, clack on the keyboard!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 04:20 AM
Power Poster

Mine never last long being of any length. Just try having long nails and trying to work with horses and cows. It just doesn't work...well, not for me anyway!

Honestly Ducks....I've seen cuter pics. We love the new you...but it is a bit scary!
Old 07-03-2011, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Honestly Ducks....I've seen cuter pics. We love the new you...but it is a bit scary!
That is rather a mean look in her eye, isn't it? Guess she's making sure no one tries to snitch her AOTH blocks.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:39 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ducky
Oh, no, Patti. If I'm going to be CIA or MI5, I don't dare blink.

Mousie, I'll make you a special mouse helmet. Talk about traffic jams in the head -- I'm afraid of going into my own mind for a stroll in the park. :shock: :shock:

sweetduck, I love your new do.
I have just the perfect deal...you make me a mind reading proof helmet, lol, and when you get done with this quilt, I'll have DD give you a lovely manicure.
She is very artistic and can do lovely nails, even on feathers!
She's that good :thumbup:
(I'm not really all that worried about anyone being able to read this mind...there is a LOT of cheese up there!) :mrgreen:
Old 07-03-2011, 08:50 AM

gotta think up an avatar for myself....hmmmmmmmmmmm
but also - pleeeease enlighten me because I'm spending waaaaaay too much time trying to find the duck in the pond. Does the admin go back and switch all of your avatars when you change it??? because I looked back on waaay too many pages of ducky's posts and they are all up close!

I'm glad I'm not the only one to pick up on this one!! :roll:
Old 07-03-2011, 09:00 AM

Yes, Cre8, when you change your avatar, it changes on all previous posts too. Wish that weren't so, but that's the way it is.

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
gotta think up an avatar for myself....hmmmmmmmmmmm
but also - pleeeease enlighten me because I'm spending waaaaaay too much time trying to find the duck in the pond. Does the admin go back and switch all of your avatars when you change it??? because I looked back on waaay too many pages of ducky's posts and they are all up close!

I'm glad I'm not the only one to pick up on this one!! :roll:
Old 07-03-2011, 09:12 AM

Sorry I'm late getting this posted. Got up early & went to WallyWorld. Came back & started right in on AOTH. Completely forgot until I went to take some pictures of stuff & remembered.

Today begins Week #5 AND we begin making blocks for Row #2 of the center unit. We will start with Block #16.

I have sewn my blocks for Row #1 together. Wanna see them??? OK. Here is Row #1 of my re-done blocks.

I am treating myself to a new camera on Tuesday. This camera is taking worse pictures every time & snap it! I even bumped the pixel rating up to the next to best quality & I think they're worse than the lowest!!!

Row #1 - Center Unit
[ATTACH=CONFIG]220300[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-220294.jpe  
Old 07-03-2011, 10:53 AM

Pretty, pretty, pretty, Kathy. Love your row. The colors are fabulous.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:57 PM

Your blocks look beautiful together.

Have fun shopping for a new camera.