Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many of you actually have sewing studio/room >

How many of you actually have sewing studio/room

How many of you actually have sewing studio/room

Old 02-10-2011, 09:54 AM

I have a very small sewing room - 6 by 10. Windows on 3 sides. It's beautiful when the crab apple tree is in blossom. I feel like I'm sitting in the tree, quilting! It's just large enough for my Koala cabinet and I can leave the ironing board set up. It's the warmest room in the house in winter. I'm going to have to start storing some of my stash in a closet just 5 feet away in another room.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:56 AM

I finally got my very own sewing room I move into a three rm apt after we wee flooded in 06 I lived there until last yr the house got to small for all the fabric and stuff. since I became a quilter in the last four yrs. so I moved just so I could have my space and I am loving it and so are my grandkids they live across the street :lol:
Old 02-10-2011, 09:59 AM

I have a very small sewing room - 6 by 10. Windows on 3 sides. It's beautiful when the crab apple tree is in blossom. I feel like I'm sitting in the tree, quilting! It's just large enough for my Koala cabinet and I can leave the ironing board set up. It's the warmest room in the house in winter. I'm going to have to start storing some of my stash in a closet just 5 feet away in another room.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:05 AM

I have the smallest extra bedroom as my sewing room. It's small size encourages me to keep it clean, or else I can't sew. I'm in the middle of a purge right now. Wish some of your were closer. I could make you very happy.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:15 AM

I do ,and I love it! :D
Old 02-10-2011, 10:20 AM

For many years we moved around with the military & I did my sewing wherever I could find a space -- usually pulling the machine out to work on a project or sew a dress/ costume, then put away to eat dinner, etc. The kids grew up, DH retired & we settled down in a home we've nearly finished renovating, & I finally got a sewing room -- the smallest bedroom. It has a deep closet w/ shelves for the stash, lots of pretty white kitchen-style cabinets installed w/ open areas & an expanse of countertop to accomodate the machines (sewing machine, serger, embroidery machine, stereo, & a small tv). I tried having the computer in there, but it got in the way of sewing! I only wish the room was big enough to accomodate a cutting table, but no. Also, my ironing board & dressing mirrors are wall-mounted, so what else do I need? Well, I DO have to come out to check email & eat! :>)
Old 02-10-2011, 10:23 AM

I almost do...we're doing some renovations on 4 rooms of our 100+ year old house. What was the "hobby room" shared with DH will now be my "sewing" room. He has an entire shop building for his hobbies. My room is a pass through situation, between the TV room and the kitchen, but keeps me close to DH and whatever I'm cooking. Will post pictures when it's finished...soon, I hope!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:38 AM

I do used to guest room 16 by 12, put guest in 10 by 12, funny they don't stay as long
Old 02-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Ava

I have a very small room downstairs.. It has a ledge on two walls. I finally got my husband to put shelves up on three walls. My sewing table and cutting table are on opposite walls about three steps apart. My tables are five foot tables with the cutting one up about four inches. It is a one butt sewing room.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:50 AM

I have a fabric room but sew in the den so I csn listen to the tv