Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many of you actually have sewing studio/room >

How many of you actually have sewing studio/room

How many of you actually have sewing studio/room

Old 02-09-2011, 07:07 PM

Not yet but I'm hoping one day. Right now I have my sewing machine set up on one side of my daughter's bedroom, she's at college about 45 minutes away and has her own apartment there so she only comes home to stay the night occasionally. My hope is when my 15 year old graduates and leaves the nest to take over her room, it's bigger with a large walk-in closet.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:12 PM

i have a studio 2 rooms also have an attached guest bedroom and full bathroom i have a wonderful husband that finished the whole basement for my studio

i built in the shelves
[ATTACH=CONFIG]151761[/ATTACH]

i have a great view
[ATTACH=CONFIG]151920[/ATTACH]

three of my girls
[ATTACH=CONFIG]151921[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-151756.jpe   attachment-151915.jpe   attachment-151916.jpe  
Old 02-09-2011, 07:15 PM

I have a 16 x 17 room, plus a 22 x 5 closet all to my sewing. We have a older house and the closet connects from one bedroom to the other. No more kids home..so mom took over. ha ha ha
Old 02-09-2011, 07:17 PM

I started out in my husband computer room/office on a desk that has a computer and printer. After running out of room there I moved to the kitchen table. From there, I gave up the famly room and moved into the living room. I now have the family room set up as my sewing room. I call it my women cave! HAHA.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:20 PM

I do! Just recently re-organized and painted. Love having my own space that I can leave a project "as is" until I return.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:45 PM

I do have a separate sewing room although it's not nearly as nice and big as my old sewing room. I do have a nice view though.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
One of the Spare guest rooms was converted to my sewing room. I get lots of natural light and it's on the main floor so when everyone is asleep I can still sew and not wake anyone on the top floor. I love the fact that I have my own room. I'm just trying to find a way to 'expand' it for more room. I'm a perfect example of.... "Give me an inch and I'll take a...." well in this case I'd love to knock the wall between the two spare bedrooms and make it one big room!! Yea that's not gonna happen :(. But one can dream. :)
I totally agree. We bought a 5 bedroom house but our 2 DDs prefer to share (they're still young, :lol: ) so we have two bedrooms, a toy room, a schoolroom (we homeschool) and a sewing room. But, when the kids are older and need less room for toys and school, I'm taking over those two rooms and knocking down the wall between them. They're large rooms and actually take up the entire front side of our upstairs. Until then, I have to content myself with my one room.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:58 PM

I have a designated craft room (houses my cricut, stamps, inks, punches, carts, paper, etc) and right outside the door is my sewing room. I did have the whole rec room, but didn't like it believe it or not. I have half of it now (it's like 20 feet long) and the other half is where the 2 love seats are, the X box and the 2 bookcases filled with movies, games, board games.

I just wanted it to be a place where everyone feels welcomed and not shut out from "my world"
Old 02-09-2011, 08:09 PM

I have an area in the basement, that is for sewing and also for scrapbooking stuff. It's nice to have it in the basement, it can get messy at times.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:14 PM

Once upon a time, for over a year, I had half of a basement. It was great. Then, we built a new house. We designed it, contracted it, and built much of it ourselves. Of course, I have a sewing room! Right now it's full of fabric, roving, fleece, boxes of stuff that don't belong in there, boxes of my newly released book, suitcases, folding chairs,... you get the picture. Well, I just started a Civil War BOW and am cutting and hand piecing upstairs in the LR, been doing this for two weeks. Quite coincidently, that first week my DH made plans to put shelves in my sewing room. By Easter I may be able to find my sewing machine.