Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March 2011 Pincushion Swap: SIGN UP CLOSED @ 11PM 3/15/11... >

March 2011 Pincushion Swap: SIGN UP CLOSED @ 11PM 3/15/11...

March 2011 Pincushion Swap: SIGN UP CLOSED @ 11PM 3/15/11...

Old 03-26-2011, 03:32 PM

I agree with several of the comments, two pieces of fabric stuffed can make a nice pincushion, they do not all have to be elaborate. And I know all of the ones I make will not be........ so if you happen to be my swap partner for any future swaps, if you are expecting elaborate for all of the things you receive from me, I must apologize to you right now.

I participated in the few swaps I have (so far) for the fun of it and because I have some time on my hands right now to do so. But if it starts to become a hassle it takes the fun out of participating and one decision can be to not participate anymore. But I would encourage those of you who may not feel that you are as creative as some to participate anyway if you are enjoying it. If the swaps are open to all skill levels, then you fit right in. Those swappers who may have a problem with that can choose not to participate.

When I read the host's comments, I was taken aback for a second but decided that I will not let anyone steal my joy in participating because of their expectations. So to any one of you who receives swaps from me in this swap or any of the others that I may participate in, I truly hope you enjoy what I have sent you and if for any reason you do not, please feel free to share or donate it with someone who you think may, I won't mind. And this is all IMHO.

So I am waiting patiently for my pincushion to arrive. It has snowed all day here so I did not make it to the post office to check on my mail. I will look again next week. I am enjoying looking at the snow though. We have experienced three seasons in this one week: Spring(60's and baby birds chirping), a flash of summer (83 degrees) and now winter (heavy snow). Where else in this country can you experience three seasons in one week. LOL
Old 03-26-2011, 04:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
Here are some sweet gifts from my partner Jacquie and my sweet friend Lynnie!
Glad you liked the wool pansy!
I love that purple bag Lynnie sent you..wow...
Old 03-26-2011, 04:58 PM

I got my pincushion today (and a little something extra) from "moosegirl". I will try and post a picture later. I love it!!!

Wanda
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/
Old 03-27-2011, 09:13 AM
Power Poster

This is the first time we have had to provide the delivery confirmation notice for the swap. If our partner has received her pin cushions, do you still want the confirmation number? I bought delivery confirmation for my package but threw it away (as I usually do) when my swap partner received the package.

Originally Posted by The Creative Seamstress
Hello everyone! Notations have been made within the group activity matrix up to this point in the thread (so far) of "pincushions from buddies" that have been recieved per pictures/statements posted.

When a username recieved their cushion - I notate it in the "public" section, and when a pincushion you sent was recieved by your buddy - I also make a courtesy notation in the same section you found your buddy's mailing information. I choose to do this because then you can each enjoy perusing the thread for pictures and general conversations as intended, rather than trying to sift through umpteen pages of conversation pages to find out whether or not your buddy recieved your mailing perhaps not enjoying all the other posts as you would if you could just get that information from a centralized location. I hope this helps!

IMPORTANT: If you posted in the thread that you SENT out the package, I DO appreciate the notation, :) but I still must have the delivery confirmations for my records, so please ensure that you send me a PM as well pursuant to the rules. :-D

Sometimes for whatever reason/general forgetfulness - someone might fail to post a notification here that the package was recieved, and so I check the confirmations to determine the same, if after a reasonable amount of time a user name has not made a statement or sent me a PM that their buddies pincushion was/was not recieved.

I appreciate your cooperation in PM'ing me the confirmations, as it ensures that I can account for everyone's hard work and ensure that everyone who signed up kept their word to do so. I am a fair person and certainly don't have a quick trigger finger on banning anyone from future swaps, ONLY if they give me an absolute need to do so by not having sent their designated buddy something (hence the need for the confirmations - in case someone doesn't post a "hooray I got it") as this does occasionally happen... as I refuse to/won't make any assumptions. For example: If a buddy doesn't post "hooray" I'll check the confirmation and ensure if was sent/recieved etc and make the necessary updates to my mailing matrix and respective buddies. On the same note, it is a friendly reminder as so far of 44 participants - I've only recieved (12) Delivery Confirmations, and the mailing deadline has passed ;)...

So again, I thank you for your cooperation!

I'm loving what I see in terms of creativity and design, you are all doing such a wonderful job! I'm super excited to see more as the packages arrive to their destinations, so don't forget to post those pictures as you are able to do so! We all want to see each other's brainchild designs, so keep them coming!

Thanks once again to everyone for helping make this swap a great success!

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress
Old 03-27-2011, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

I have never been disappointed in any swap I have participated in. I don't think this is a contest to see who is more creative. I enjoy everyones effort to make something to the best of their ability. It really means a lot to me. Havplenty, you can be my swap partner anytime, anyday.

Originally Posted by Havplenty
I agree with several of the comments, two pieces of fabric stuffed can make a nice pincushion, they do not all have to be elaborate. And I know all of the ones I make will not be........ so if you happen to be my swap partner for any future swaps, if you are expecting elaborate for all of the things you receive from me, I must apologize to you right now.

I participated in the few swaps I have (so far) for the fun of it and because I have some time on my hands right now to do so. But if it starts to become a hassle it takes the fun out of participating and one decision can be to not participate anymore. But I would encourage those of you who may not feel that you are as creative as some to participate anyway if you are enjoying it. If the swaps are open to all skill levels, then you fit right in. Those swappers who may have a problem with that can choose not to participate.

When I read the host's comments, I was taken aback for a second but decided that I will not let anyone steal my joy in participating because of their expectations. So to any one of you who receives swaps from me in this swap or any of the others that I may participate in, I truly hope you enjoy what I have sent you and if for any reason you do not, please feel free to share or donate it with someone who you think may, I won't mind. And this is all IMHO.

So I am waiting patiently for my pincushion to arrive. It has snowed all day here so I did not make it to the post office to check on my mail. I will look again next week. I am enjoying looking at the snow though. We have experienced three seasons in this one week: Spring(60's and baby birds chirping), a flash of summer (83 degrees) and now winter (heavy snow). Where else in this country can you experience three seasons in one week. LOL
Old 03-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Banned

Here are the pin cushions I received.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-175948.jpe  
Old 03-28-2011, 04:54 AM

hey Ladybug, yours is on the way! lookie! I think I got too close. Supposed to be a lady bug!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-176333.jpe   attachment-176334.jpe  
Old 03-28-2011, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21
Originally Posted by LindaR
I agree with creative's comments about all levels of sewing and have loved everything I've gotten in the swaps I have joined. My only comment is that someone who sews 2 squares together and stuffs them and calls it a pincushion is somehow cheating. So many people put so much work in these. Its on their conscience not the receivers...in MHO and will shut up now. LOL
I collect pincushions and have some that are very elaborate....I also have some that I guess would be considered 2 squares of fabric sewn together and stuffed. I love and appreciate them just as much as the elaborately detailed ones. It's the thought that a person made something for me and gave of their time and materials...and some of them weren't even made for me...I purchased them because I thought they were adorable...I happen to be one of those people who isn't quite as creative as some others may be, and these type of comments are actually why I stopped participating in some types of swaps...IMHO
Brenda, do you really think I would term these "two squares sewn together"... very nice and sorry if I offended you. :thumbdown:
Old 03-28-2011, 05:56 AM

I received my pincushion from "Always in stitches" and I love it. I put it right on my ironing board for easy access! Hapy quilting, Julie
Old 03-28-2011, 06:10 AM

I have received my pincushion from Debbie G. from Maine. I do not know your board name. It is so cute..and she also sent fabric scraps, which will be used in a scrap quilt I am working on. Thank you Debbie. I will post pictures as soon as my camera charges.
Peace and Blessings,