Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 minute block from you-tube

Love the bow tie with real ties! Great idea and tute! Thanks.

Blog Entries
    I saw one online with 10 minute blks in the center with Drunkards Path blks all around. very pretty.

Thank you. I have printed the instructions and will try it in a few days. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

thanks for the tute you helped me to remember how to make what i call bow tie square

Quote Originally Posted by WVNana
    GREAT TUTORIAL!! How can I save this to my files? Does anyone know?
    Just highlight what you want to save. Copy and then paste in word document . This usually take a few minutes especially with a lot of pics. Then save the whole file you have just created to a folder with a appropriate name. :-D
    Or just highlight the selected bits you want and print them out. Make sure you number each page and then put them in plastic sleeves and file into a special folder book.

Thanks so much! I'll try that. I really like this block.

Thanks for posting this! I have been playing with the ten-minute block and I really like it.

Thanks so much for that tute, I am going to try that.

Blog Entries
    nice tute! Thanks so much. I have my fabrics ready..just have to decide if i want to use 2 fabrics, with different center, or go with a really scrappy look and use 4 different fabrics..
    either way, i want the blocks to be a rectangle..5 x 7 maybe.
    time to get out some of my "uglies" and do a trial run!

WVnana, you can also "bookmark" it, go to the top of the pge, on the left you will see bookmark..click on it, you can name it what you want..and it will be file just for you, in your profile page..

Where the deer & antilope play and the eagles soar
    Deb when I made one of these quilts I had trouble with the center square trying to come back out when I did the 3rd seam. I really had to pin it well to keep it from doing so. I love this pattern once I figured out to pin it more. I made one for my SS at church as her last gift from me for our revealing in Jan. It only took me about 4 hours to complete it and it was a twin size one. Also I tweaked the pattern by adding a shashing between the blocks with some squares in the corner. I posted a photo of it in the pictures here. Happy Stitchin' Linda B.

Thank you I made one by hand
    Attached Images Attached Images

saf
    Thanks for the great instructions. I am a beginner and just starting my first sampler quilt. I will certainly be including this one. I think that with a bit of care even I might get it right.

Very nice....I've been seeing this reference to a 10 minute block...I've been doing mini ones for years calling it a Dimensional Bow-Tie block...but I'd never thought of turning those bias edges back like a cathedral window....beautiful...can't wait to try this on a bit larger scale.

I called mine dimentional bow tie and made it scrappy. here is a picture of it. I loved making this quilt, it was fun.

Jean in MI

dimentional bow tie
    Name:  Attachment-169627.jpe
Views: 419
Size:  73.7 KB

Clever. Directions were good.

Maroko

Going to try this for one of my Linus quilts. Question?? do I add sashes to separate the blocks when I put them together? And why does the center block look smaller when they are all started out the same size. Hey, I'm trying to learn. Have patience with me - Sybil Oh gosh! this was supposed to be with another posting. Don't know how it ended up here.

OK, I'm going to call it quits. I can quilt, but am totally computer illiterate - confusion messes up my poor brain - glad I have an appt. with my shrink Thursday - Sybil

Quote Originally Posted by libbiebean
    Going to try this for one of my Linus quilts. Question?? do I add sashes to separate the blocks when I put them together? And why does the center block look smaller when they are all started out the same size. Hey, I'm trying to learn. Have patience with me - Sybil Oh gosh! this was supposed to be with another posting. Don't know how it ended up here.
    The reason the center blocks is smaller is because it is being folded.....which gives it the 3-D look. You can add sashings in between the blocks if you wish, if you want to highlight the blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by judy363905
    Deb, I made one block - great tute...I am now wondering if you have ever join bocks with the catherdal windows in all the corners? Does this sound posssible? I keep running this idea through my mind and I am not sure. judy
    Just noticed this posting was on the top of the recent topics. As for making them catherdal windows, I see that in a couple of posts after your first on, that it is possible. Just cut the squares just a bit smaller than the center piece, and fold back the edges. Great little addition to the block!

So glad you did this - I was just looking at someones block and wondered how to do it. Great tute.

Thank you so much! I watched the video and couldn't figure out how to do this. This was so helpful!!!

Thank you so much for this tutorial! I watched the YouTube one and sewed the first 2 seams wrong (since she just shows them after they're done). I appreciate you showing EVERYTHING - so helpful!

Do you have any tricks for sewing the 3rd seam to ensure the center fabric doesn't get caught in the seam?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Actually you can go to this web site where Suzanne McNeill has a book out and also 58 videos of quick ideas...

http://www.youtube.com/user/designor...29/sgAZ3_xdkGw

j

Quote Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
    Deb when I made one of these quilts I had trouble with the center square trying to come back out when I did the 3rd seam. I really had to pin it well to keep it from doing so. I love this pattern once I figured out to pin it more.
    I am having the same issue. I've tried lots of pinning but the edges of fabric #5 (center) still come out. I've had to open up the seams and force them back in. Any other suggestions besides lots of pins? A way to fold or pull the fabric, maybe?

OK I know this isn't related to your block at all but I have to share when I was a little girl in San Francisco my dad worked for Westinghouse and they wanted to transfer him to Painted Post, NewYork well my dad found out it snowed there so we didn't go!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast