Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Fabric covered needlework box

I still have hopes to make a few more.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brushandthimble
    Good for you. Butterfly Spain has had a request for a class from her quilty friends. It was so oversubscribed, she is splitting it into two, and I am really looking forward to seeing what they all produce.

Blog Entries
    Oh, you know they will be beautiful coming from that group!

Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Quote Originally Posted by brushandthimble
    Good for you. Butterfly Spain has had a request for a class from her quilty friends. It was so oversubscribed, she is splitting it into two, and I am really looking forward to seeing what they all produce.
    I will take pics. Tute is on the 22nd June, got it all set up, have had to find some shoe boxes for the girls, loads were flat shoes here because of the bad road and hills so their shoe boxes are tiny, but have found a source of other boxes which are just the job.

ButterflySpain,

Sounds like alot of fun! Will be waiting for the pictures.:)

Hoping to make mine in July. Have most everything, 'cept time. :roll:

Blog Entries
    Glad you could find a source for your boxes Elle. I need to make myself one of these. I gave away the one I made and it was sooo nice! I'm kicking myself. I've been saving up cardboard to do another though. sometime.......

I know your class will be fun!

These are so neat. They would make sewing boxes for my family for Christmas. I would need one 20x's bigger, but this would be ideal for them! Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    This is my last 2 boxes, thats 6 I have made and I think thats quite enough. This time I used the lovely material Lesley sent me 2 fat quarters not quite enough to make it the way shown but I think they came out pretty good, a bit different. Just have the two pockets and on one of them there is a place for needles.
    This was a great Tute Lesley thanks
    Lovely boxes! I just cut my templates out to begin cutting cardboard. Planning to get some tagboard for the lining. I plan to do a scrappy outside with solid interior out of scraps from the quilt I am piecing.

Quote Originally Posted by SassySewer53
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    This is my last 2 boxes, thats 6 I have made and I think thats quite enough. This time I used the lovely material Lesley sent me 2 fat quarters not quite enough to make it the way shown but I think they came out pretty good, a bit different. Just have the two pockets and on one of them there is a place for needles.
    This was a great Tute Lesley thanks
    Lovely boxes! I just cut my templates out to begin cutting cardboard. Planning to get some tagboard for the lining. I plan to do a scrappy outside with solid interior out of scraps from the quilt I am piecing.
    That sound like a plan, never thought of making a scrappy piece of fabric first to make the box though. You will get rid of a lot of scraps that way. Good luck and lets see it when you get round to it please.
    Elle

Wow, thank you for the tutorial. I have a box that I purchased so I know how hard it would be to make your own but the rewards would be worth it. It was very nice of you to share the instuctions. :)

Blog Entries
    Elle, it's past the 22nd now, so how did your class go? I am dying for some pics to see what your ladies made.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Elle, it's past the 22nd now, so how did your class go? I am dying for some pics to see what your ladies made.
    Okay, can´t show you any pics yet as there were 15 ladies taking part in this, all with gorgeous materials. Most got as far as nearly finishing the box lid and sewing the pouches and triangles which fold in whenthe box is closed. next week there will be pics I promise you. I have sent them home with instructions and I am sure quite a few will be able to have them finished, some need a little help so the Tute will carry on as well. It went really well though and everyone said how much they enjoyed making them. So you have to look forward to materials with fairies on them, Asian fabrics butterflies, Koi Carp, masks, and lots more. Just to keep you interested Patti.

Elle

:D

Blog Entries
    You know I'm interested!!! You guys who tease me by telling me all about this wonderful stuff then tell me you'll post a pic later.... :hunf: :hunf: :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Sounds like it went well, so I am waiting patiently for pics. Good for you Elle, well done.

Sorry Patti, but I promisse next week you shall have your pictures. I have jsut had an email and one lady has finished her box at home, it was reall pretty with Koi fish on it.

Elle

Blog Entries
    OK...I like Koi.......I like them fried, in gumbo, as sushi, boiled, pickled.... awww....I'm just joking :lol: :lol: :lol: I like them swimming on a pretty piece of fabric. I guess I'll just wait for the pics :D

Hi everyone, well I have 3 of the boxes to show you our of the 15 started. Most were still working on them today, but will all be finished next week. They are all thrilled to bits with what they have achieved and so enjoyed the Tute.

Here they are. the Black and Orange flowers one is mine. Michele did the Koi carp and the Pink Flower is Jenny´s.

More to come.
    Attached Images Attached Images

very pretty!! I do want to make a few more

Blog Entries
    Elle...those all look very elegant! Some great fabric choices! I was right about the Koi...I DO love it swimming on some pretty fabric!

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Elle...those all look very elegant! Some great fabric choices! I was right about the Koi...I DO love it swimming on some pretty fabric!
    Thanks. Just had a message from one of my Students I used to look after when she came to England, she is Japanese and has just told me she is having her first baby n December. think I will make a baby box and fill it with goodies for her.

Blog Entries
    What a cute idea!! I wish I'd thought of that, but then I don't know of any babies due right now anyway..so I'll wait and steal your idea later :lol: :lol:

At last I have the pictures of the other sewing boxes. I got them from someone else so I hope this idea works as I am copying and pasting her pictures.

Here goes:
    Sorry didn´t work I will try something else. Hold on.....LOL

Here are the pictures, Having a problem here.

7 pictures okay

More

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast