Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How to make a coiled fabric basket using clothesline and strips of fabric

Quote Originally Posted by ladybalcom
    Thank you for the tute. Im anxious to try this and hopefully you will get the next pix loaded. Your work is great too. Also what kind of foot are you using?
    I used a regular foot. Also, just scroll down the post and you'll see all the pics have been uploaded.

Blog Entries
    Great job making this tutorial. I loved your first little basket you did and hopefully I can get to this before long. Thank you for sharing!

I started one but was not happy with the results and stuck it in a drawer. After seeing your tut, I realize what I did wrong. Didn't wrap my fabric close enuf or tight enuf. Also thought you had to wind all the rope before you started stitching into the shape you wanted. Thanks for the info. I'll get my starter out of the drawer and try again.

What a beautiful basket!! thanks for the tute!!!

It does make a "cute" hat for your DH!! LOL!!!

Thanks again for the tute! Your basket is so lovely! I will be satisfied if my comes out half as nice as yours.

Thanks for taking so much time to show me you have answered my questions.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the close-up pics of each step.

somthing i will most definatly teach my dh simple and easy he can sew it by hand he loves to macrame maybe this will peak his interest as well

Thanks for the tute. Already have some clothesline lying around & plenty of scraps. Added it to my to do list.

SUPER TUTE !!!! THANKS

Blog Entries
    Such clear instructions that even I can understand the process. I'm looking forward to more tutes and hope you'll be able to post. I've bookmarked this one, thanks.

thanks for sharing. i may try these for gifts

Wow that was a lot of work Thank you so much for sharing cant wait to try it someday

Blog Entries
    These baskets are really neat - but I was wondering if they are washable and how one would do it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pflum1
    Karen,
    Thanks for the basket making information.
    Also, where did you find the little yellow buckets that you have on your peg board? I would love to have some.
    Hi, I looked and looked for a record of where I got the pegboard and accessories and couldn't find it. Got online and think I found my source... wallpegboard.com Look at the site and find a tab for accessories and you'll see something similar. The pegboard looks like mine (white plastic) but the yellow containers are different in shape. Don't know if they even carry the shape that I have, but it does look like it would function the same. There may be other sites to check as well. Hope this helps! Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie R
    These baskets are really neat - but I was wondering if they are washable and how one would do it. Thanks.
    You can spot clean them with gentle detergent. If they really need cleaning, the author states you can wash them by hand (not machine), rinse well, and before you let them air dry reshape them. Because this is raw-edged finished washing vigorously is just not a good idea.

bookmarked!

thanks again for the tute! i'd given up on my first try. you've encouraged me to keep going, or just use it for a hot pad as is.

btw, is the turquoise blue fabric you used to coil by any chance the cheetah girl fabric? since my daughter is past that phase, i used a similar looking fabric to start my coil basket

Quote Originally Posted by peabee
    bookmarked!

thanks again for the tute! i'd given up on my first try. you've encouraged me to keep going, or just use it for a hot pad as is.

btw, is the turquoise blue fabric you used to coil by any chance the cheetah girl fabric? since my daughter is past that phase, i used a similar looking fabric to start my coil basket
    I have no idea...I got all this fabric this past week at WalMart. Since I had not done such a large basket I didn't want to spend a lot of money on material (and I don't have much stash). I got this mainly because I thought all the colors went so well together! Good luck on giving it a try again...I think it's worth the effort. Just take your time!

Thanks!! I think these are becomng more popular - I saw 2 kinds of cording in my LQS last weekend! Your basket is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by dtippens
    I like this... But I have a question.
    Can you use this to make a rectangle rug?
    Bath mat maybe.

Great tute, pics were great and what a great project.

Wanted to add that your basket is a work of art. I am bookmarking your instuctions. Thank you for such a beautiful project.

Thank you for the compliment. I'm glad the tutorial looks like it might be beneficial. I have found that making these baskets has unleashed a new side of being creative for me...labor intensive but fun! Hope it will be the same for you.

What a terrific tutorial! Your basket is gorgeous and makes me want to try one. Definitely bookmarked this great tute! Thanks 'sew' much :-)

Thank you. I want to try that sometime

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast