Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: How to make a coiled fabric basket using clothesline and strips of fabric

I would like to see the remainder of your tutorial, but coud not find it. Thanks for writing such a clear tutorial. Judi

Quote Originally Posted by Judi
    I would like to see the remainder of your tutorial, but coud not find it. Thanks for writing such a clear tutorial. Judi
    It should all be there. There are other people's comments interspersed throughout the tutorial so you have to go through each page posted to follow it all. It finishes up with the final picture of the basket that I made.

I just checked...the tutorial starts on page one and goes through page 3.

Thank you for the wonderful, detailed tutorial! I love tuts with the pictures and steps documented under them. It helps to make each step very clear and shows you what you may have misinterpreted in the instructions. You do a wonderful tutorial...and your basket is just lovely! I think I might can do this :)

fantastic tute thank you , can't wait to try it!

I saw this done at a quilt show in Lincoln NE in October and I had a one on one lesson with the lady that was doing it.
    She had some beautiful items she had made. I purchased the cord from her and a few other tidbits. I can not wait to try it myself but I have been away from home for a while and have to wait till I get back home.
    Thanks for the great tute.
    Pat
    Patsy

Your tutorial is great. I am excited to try again and make one. I started one before but was hurrying to finish it and it wasn't coming out very well. Now, I am ready to try again. Thanks.
    Lizzy in La.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by homecaregiver View Post
    I saw this done at a quilt show in Lincoln NE in October and I had a one on one lesson with the lady that was doing it.
    She had some beautiful items she had made. I purchased the cord from her and a few other tidbits. I can not wait to try it myself but I have been away from home for a while and have to wait till I get back home.
    Thanks for the great tute.
    Pat
    I was at that same quilt show and spent time with the basket lady also. Wasn't she very helpful with all her tips. I also purchased some of her cording and I already had the book. I've been sidetracked for a few weeks but plan on getting started on my first bowl very soon.

I've got two Dollar Generals in my town, so I'll be checking them out for cotton cording. In the meantime I'll practice with some I found at walmart.

Thank you so much for this tutorial.

Nancy
    Nancy (Go Big Red)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Great things have been done for me,
    and I am filled with joy.

Blog Entries
    I so want to try and make one of these..............thank you...........

What a great tute. Loved the picture of your DH wearing the basket. Very funny and it did not even look too bad. I also enjoyed seeing the top cover and binding. I had never seen those options but really like it. Thanks!
    Anna Quilts

I have been wanting to try one of these ...thanks for the tutorial, cant wait to make one

Great tutorial!!
    Penny aka PLS 1946

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    WOW! You explained this so well and you added all the right pictures. I've seen these baskets but never thought I could ever make one, but after reading your tute, I know I can and I WILL make one right away. All I need is the clothesline and Walmart is 1/2 hour away. I think I'll start today. Thank you thank you thank you sooooo much!
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

This is a beautiful basket, but is it possible to send the rest of it to my e-mail? I have searched all this site for the rest of it, but no luck.

Thanks,

Yvette

Blog Entries
    I suggest buying the book as you will be able to make lots of variations. They are fun to make. The book is Its A Wrap. I got mine from Amazon. Worth it to be able to make more than the basic one.

Thanks for showing this, I will be giving it a try. Do you have a picture of the finished product?

Just want to say "thanks for the tutorial" Started one last night, inbetween preparing dinner and nightly "chores". It is so fun and goes quickly, one you've wrapped the cord. Fun fun!

Blog Entries
    Wonderful Tute. Thank you so much. Your embellishments really make it pop!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    I am in awe of your work. Your basket inspires me. Do you use a certain needle? I have loads of scraps from string quilts I have made. I may try a scrappy one. Thanks for the resource of cording at the Dollar Store, will check that out today.
    Have a wonderful 2014. Happy New Year to all.
    Murphy1
    For our wonderful Golden Retriever adopted in March of 2010.

Blog Entries
    thanks for your now to - pictures & lessons. Have you ever tried blue jeans & does the color bleed off them if you have made one. How about red cotton, etc. any bleeding there. thank you again. sherian

Thanks for the tutorial. I took a class at the LQS to make these and they really are a lot of fun. I chose a fabric that I bought online and didn't really like. Since you lose the pattern of the fabric and only get the colors, I was really happy with the way it turned out. One word of warning to everyone though. Be careful about the fabric you use. One lady in the class had a fabric that was kind of slick. It was a quilt-shop quality fabric but it just felt almost like polished cotton. She couldn't get it to angle up. Even the instructor couldn't get it to work right.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4