• Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 04-11-2011, 04:08 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Originally Posted by Ducky
    Originally Posted by candi
    Originally Posted by Lacelady
    No, I wouldn't dream of doing that - just that I have a feeling you wouldn't need many darker colours - you could put your money to better use to get more brighter ones!
    :shock: Of course she wouldn't! Unfathomable! ***besides, she wouldn't want another 50 lashes with the wet noodle***
    Hmmmmm.....I didnt think quilters used wet noodles for lashing....fabric strings are more appropriate...don't ya think :?: :mrgreen: :lol:

:lol: Good point there!
    Ah, but Ducky has a 'thing' about noodles - personally I generally use a wet lettuce leaf! LOL.
    oh, Ducks watch out...sounds like Lace is planning on eating somebody, lol. Glad she's not a cat!
    Maybe you should hide behind my granite couch at Mousepad for a bit and I'll be on the lookout for ya.
    I know...you can eat some more of my pretty bath soaps and do the bubble machine thing, you do so well, and you won't be tasty.
    I think your sweeter'n sugar, but I'd never snack on ya...your one of my besties! :D
    Old 04-11-2011, 04:10 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
    Yippe!!! More books arriving! I spent a large part of the day playing with my fabs and picking out what to use for 2 more blocks. I got that decided and all the pieces cut out and ready to sew. I like to keep 1 in "process" and 1 on standby all ready to go. This one is going to be hard because I like the "next one in line" better than the 1 I have to work on next. Now if Elle were here, she'd tell my just to skip over it...but awwww...you know I can't do that!

Happy ooogling to you all!
    ah, Patty, I can tell you use the same approach I do...you get the "work block" out of the way, so you can get to the "dessert block".
    Gives you something to look forward to. Smart plan!
    Today is Monday...Elle's not back on board yet?
    Old 04-11-2011, 04:20 PM

Oh my gosh how fun is this, today had all my blocks enlarged, back to the fabric store, picked up another 12 fabrics, (husband shaking his finger - "this will be an expensive project - oh well he just better get used to it - I reminded him about his $80 thousand hot rod-no...more said, just smiles and a hug!)...Now I'm a happy quilter...hahaha
    Old 04-11-2011, 04:28 PM
    Power Poster

Thats the ticket Donna....if he even looks at your fabric..tell him its for the car...:wink:

Yep, Mousie...I'm ready to get on to the dessert block....I guess I better get off here and go sew!!
    Old 04-11-2011, 05:09 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by d.rickman
    Oh my gosh how fun is this, today had all my blocks enlarged, back to the fabric store, picked up another 12 fabrics, (husband shaking his finger - "this will be an expensive project - oh well he just better get used to it - I reminded him about his $80 thousand hot rod-no...more said, just smiles and a hug!)...Now I'm a happy quilter...hahaha
    yes, my hubby is taking a lavish vacation later this year...and I choose not to go.
    I don't do motorcycles these days, thank you very much, but his budget would buy me tons and tons and tons of fabric!
    So, I don't feel bad about what I've put into this quilt already either.
    I'm sure it will end up being one of my top five favorites.
    It better be, it's going to be a bit of work...so glad I love it! :P
    Old 04-12-2011, 05:09 AM

Men and their toys! My husband just bought a new van. Didn't need it, just wanted it. He then asked me if I ever got the new machine I had been looking at----Noooo...But NOW I have!
    Bought a new brother SE 400 embroidery. Ha ha, I'm gonna have some more fun just thinking about trying it out on AOTH.
    Old 04-12-2011, 06:26 AM

Roxanne, now I am jealous! I went to see what the SE400 was, and now I want one. I have a PE150, and the light behind the screen has blacked out and I recently broke my frame. :evil:
    Old 04-12-2011, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Roxanne
    Men and their toys! My husband just bought a new van. Didn't need it, just wanted it. He then asked me if I ever got the new machine I had been looking at----Noooo...But NOW I have!
    Bought a new brother SE 400 embroidery. Ha ha, I'm gonna have some more fun just thinking about trying it out on AOTH.
    That is too funny!!! Now you both have something new to drive, but I prefer yours - Lucky you, look forward to seeing your AOTH pics utilizing your new toy..no pressure
    Old 04-12-2011, 07:51 AM

Roxanne, now I am jealous! I went to see what the SE400 was, and now I want one. I have a PE150, and the light behind the screen has blacked out and I recently broke my frame. :evil:
    Oh Ducky, sounds like a bad day....hope you can get it working soon, feeling badly for you...
    Old 04-12-2011, 08:21 AM

Ducky, so sorry yours is having a hiccup . For the price, these brothers can't be beat. especially for a beginner who isn't sure this is a hobby that will be continued. I certainly didn't want to invest thousands and have it become a dust catcher.