Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Anyone else bored with Quilt Magazines >
  • Anyone else bored with Quilt Magazines

• Anyone else bored with Quilt Magazines

Old 01-31-2011, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR
    I got three in the mail yesterday and usually my favorite thing is an afternoon of crusing thru them...I must have been in a MOOD...cuz couldn't see anything that really struck me. I really think they are running out of ideas. Been there done that type of thing...anyone else think so????
    I only subscribe to 2 now compared to 5-6 a few yrs ago. Agree that much in them looks very alike, and a lot of their "designer" patterns look recycled too ... they are just made to show the new fabric lines. Too many ads now in most, and some haven't even offered good renewal rates, so I haven't renewed ! :(
    Old 01-31-2011, 07:39 AM

I have some REALLY REALLY OLD quilt magazines and actually, I think I like going into those and coming up with ideas... Plus, I think on-line here and the Board is one of the best.... I love watching the videos on the internet and have learned A LOT from those....
    Old 01-31-2011, 07:41 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by capucine
    Hello All, I was wondering when one subscribe to the digital magazines. Is it downloaded onto one's computer or is it stored online and one has to log into the website to access the magazines? :)
    It all depends on the magazine. Some you can download in PDF format to your computer and some you can only view and print while online. For "The Quilt Pattern Magazine" you get both options. 8o)

Cindy Mccoy
    http://www.quiltpatternmagazine.com
    Old 01-31-2011, 07:53 AM

I got three in the mail yesterday and usually my favorite thing is an afternoon of crusing thru them...I must have been in a MOOD...cuz couldn't see anything that really struck me. I really think they are running out of ideas. Been there done that type of thing...anyone else think so????
    I dropped every one of mine....first to go was Fons and Porter's......now I go to Library or Borders and if I see something I like, I buy that issue...........
    Old 01-31-2011, 08:15 AM

i stopped my subscriptions on about 5 magazines. I agree
    its all the same thing. Can find things on the internet, along with great tutorials for extra help. Betty Lee
    Old 01-31-2011, 08:28 AM

I've got so many ideas and patterns saved to CD that I don't need magazines. And the ideas and patterns presented here are more than enough. Why spend the money on something that duplicates what we get for free?
    Old 01-31-2011, 10:15 AM

Yes I've gone through STACKS of old magazines in my sewing room and found very few worth keeping. I've cancelled everything but QNM.
    Old 01-31-2011, 10:26 AM

Does anyone know ANY OTHER good quilt shows on TV...I don't watch a whole show online, just videos. I get Fons & Porter but since it is her and her daughter, I don't care too much for it. Maybe it is just me. I just REALLY miss Simply Quilts on tv.
    Old 01-31-2011, 10:28 AM
    Power Poster

it seems it's all the same over and over again, or am i to cynical????
    Maybe read too many over the past 30 yrs or so.
    i look in them to find something new, and it seems that sadly , it's notheing new.
    Old 01-31-2011, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Grandma Libby
    Does anyone know ANY OTHER good quilt shows on TV...I don't watch a whole show online, just videos. I get Fons & Porter but since it is her and her daughter, I don't care too much for it. Maybe it is just me. I just REALLY miss Simply Quilts on tv.
    I'm with you. I really miss Simply Quilts, too. I liked her online show with Ricky Timms but I don't really care for Alex on it. She acts a little childish which she didn't do on her own show.