Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • ♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse?  Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥ >
  • ♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥

• ♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥

Old 08-04-2011, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by thequilterslink
    i dont' hide what i buy either, i just stumble over his fishing stuff, and squeeze whatever i got into the sewing room.
    Same here but my DH buys power tools and photo equipment. He never complains about all the fabric I buy.
    Old 08-04-2011, 12:19 PM

yep
    Old 08-04-2011, 12:20 PM

No. He does not care how much I have. If I did try to hide it that would upset him. I always tell him what I spend and he does the same with me. It has worked well foe 53 soon to be 54 years.
    Old 08-04-2011, 12:23 PM

I couldn't hide them if I tried...I buy mostly on-line and he gets the mail...lol...I don't smoke and only rarely have a glass of wine...I figure this is my only vice(he may think it's a vice, not I)...so if he ever did complain, I'd tell him how much a carton of cigarettes cost and/or some popular liquor...(smile) guess he'd be glad that quilting is my vice...lol...Naomi... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 08-04-2011, 12:28 PM

My husband's head is------let's just say he can see his own tonsils!! LOL I stash all my purchases in my sewing room, and I just keep the door shut so he can't see the clutter and make comments about how bad it looks.
    Old 08-04-2011, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
    i never do either.

our relationship is built on trust and i don't see any point in being dishonest even when its something as meaningless as fabric.
    I'm not necessarily being dishonest, we have separate accounts so all the money I spend is my own, and all of my bills get paid on time. But to someone who doesn't quilt, they are FLOORED by how much fabric and things are, and I think always thinking...you know what I could have purchased with that money...in the back of their mind.

He recently asked me to make a quilt for his grandmother, and he was lucky enough to get a quilt kit and backing that was 50% off. So when I said, for a queen size quilt the total would be $100 plus thread and batting, and he said...."Should we wait until there is a sale?" I chuckled, because to me, $100 for all the fabric for a queen size quilt is a STEAL!

So it's not so much that I don't have the money to spend and would be "in trouble". But I get tired of justifying WHY I would spend "x" amount of dollars on fabric....or twenty something dollars on a pair of scissors (this is with the 50% coupon from Joann's - I do try to be as frugal as possible)

:P

~Michael
    Old 08-04-2011, 12:29 PM

Wasn't there already a thread about this?
    Old 08-04-2011, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by BigDog
    Wasn't there already a thread about this?
    yes
    Old 08-04-2011, 12:36 PM

No, I don't need to hide anything from my husband. He knows I'm addict. I guess he's my enabler.
    Old 08-04-2011, 12:38 PM

I just take my fabric purchases into my sewing room. My husband doesn't ever go in there. I'm not hiding anything...just not broadcasting my purchase. haha His motto for me is..."whatever makes you happy". I guess that's why we've been happily married for 35 years.