Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Found my fat quarters & jelly rolls.....grrrrrr..... >
  • Found my fat quarters & jelly rolls.....grrrrrr.....

• Found my fat quarters & jelly rolls.....grrrrrr.....

Old 11-13-2010, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by kathyd
    Good for you. You found your missing fabric AND you have a clean sewing area. Look on the bright side now!!!
    Oh how wonderful, dreaming of my sewing room being organized, well kept and clean. I am afraid I have a hard time making myself go into that room and start all over with it. I will have to do that in the very near future because I am finding it hard to work or think in the sewing room. Oh, how I hate to clean that room.
    Old 11-13-2010, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Marvlin
    Good for you. You found your missing fabric AND you have a clean sewing area. Look on the bright side now!!!
    Oh how wonderful, dreaming of my sewing room being organized, well kept and clean. I am afraid I have a hard time making myself go into that room and start all over with it. I will have to do that in the very near future because I am finding it hard to work or think in the sewing room. Oh, how I hate to clean that room.
    Whenever I start to make a mess I stop to think of something I used to tell my kids and now tell my grandkids, "If you don't like to clean up a mess, then don't make a mess." It helps me to return things to their right place right away and to think twice before I start hauling stuff out. It doesn't always work but I try.....
    Old 11-13-2010, 07:35 AM

almost done with a baby quilt the other night and ran out of one thread could have sworn i had another spool (should have checked before i started duh) i just knew it was here somewhere couldnt find it then when i got home i found the spool empty in the dogs nest and then i remembered i did finish it and gave her the spool to play with duh!!!
    Old 11-13-2010, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Originally Posted by Marvlin
    Whenever I start to make a mess I stop to think of something I used to tell my kids and now tell my grandkids, "If you don't like to clean up a mess, then don't make a mess." It helps me to return things to their right place right away and to think twice before I start hauling stuff out. It doesn't always work but I try.....
    You have inspired me, I am really going to try to clean this room up and keep it that way. I have found my thoughts as scrambled and the room. Thank you for the advice.
    Old 11-13-2010, 08:07 AM

I am still looking for a package of scrapbooking scissors I bought early for Christmas for DD 3 years ago, and the boppy pillow cover and nursing cover I made for her ( the baby is 2 now) I did find the scraps! Usually if I lose something DH can find it sooner than I can.
    Old 11-13-2010, 08:17 AM

Too funny! I am always looking for something I just had! Let is go and it will find me later! Too much stuff around here, but if I keep sewing, I will make a dent in the stash!
    Old 11-13-2010, 08:37 AM

hey, I'm right there with all of yous, I bought some lavender fabic just for bindings and can't find it anywhere in that 10x12 room....that's sad......
    Old 11-13-2010, 08:40 AM

It's always the last place you look, isn't it?
    Old 11-13-2010, 09:07 AM

I too can relate; have been looking for some spools of metallic thread that I won at an "open house" at a quilt shop last year and I still haven't found them and I have looked every place I can think of. Probably will find them in front of my nose. I hate it when I put things up in a safe place and think I will remember later where I put it.
    Old 11-13-2010, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Originally Posted by raedar63
    "besides the dog would have taken my sleeping space on the bed. "

HaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!!! I can relate!!!!
    She is a Great Dane weighing 130 pounds. If she doesn't want to move she won't. She has to sleep right up against me and if I roll over she moves with me till I am at the edge of the bed.
    been there done that. My beloved Bruno was big and I would end up on the edge of the bed. Miss him.....