Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Frustrations >
  • Frustrations

• Frustrations

Old 05-03-2012, 02:56 AM

I do the same thing AND my family (and extended family) never hesitates to volunteer my services either! I don't mind doing whatever they volunteer me for, but they do have to realize that there may well be an extended waiting period before it all gets done.
    Old 05-03-2012, 04:18 AM

It's a daily battle here, always finding a new pattern that I want to make now, your not alone sweetie!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by quiltqueen61; 05-03-2012 at 04:20 AM. Reason: spelling
    Old 05-03-2012, 04:19 AM

You are not alone!! Please join the crowd! We could form a club.
    Old 05-03-2012, 04:26 AM

No you're not the only one, but I have learned about making promises, and I try not to overload myself. I don't like being stressed about something that I do for enjoyment.
    Old 05-03-2012, 04:46 AM

You are not the only quilter here to overload herself. I suspect that the majority of us have multiple projects sitting waiting to be completed. Our creative minds just keep jumping to try out new patterns, techniques and projects for charity.

I was packing for a quilt retreat and found two quilt tops from last summer that I had completely forgotten about. Oh, well is guess this summer will be a little more of a catch up time on UFOs but then there is that baby quilt for a niece, a beautiful set of blocks that were given to me, a mystery quilt for the guild, the guild group quilt, my grandson's Christmas quilt and two quilts for boys and one for a near-son-in-law ....... See you are not alone! Oh and one more, a quilt for a friend who is returning to Brazil. Yup, you have friends here. Tee-Hee!

Last edited by WMUTeach; 05-03-2012 at 04:48 AM.
    Old 05-03-2012, 06:49 AM

Like the rest of you, I find that I work better under stress, but reached an overload last week. My husband and I took the weekend off, loaded up the RV and went to the lake. I took books to read, CD's to listen to and flat refused to take any quilting and I did absolutely nothing all weekend except sleep. Slept 10 hours Friday night, got up at 10:00, went down for a nap at 2:00, then slept 10 hours on Saturday night. When we got home I felt somewhat recouped. Even skipped Bible study on Monday night and again slept 10 hours. Tuesday night worked in the yard along with hubby and now I can hardly walk. Have got to cut back on the "over-doing". Just not as young as I used to be. LOL
    Old 05-03-2012, 08:11 AM

I USED to work on one quilt at a time. HA! That ended when I joined my first block exchange here. I finished one of those quilts, but I have another ready for quilting, plus enough blocks for 2 more. AND I have 3 tops and another quilt ready for quilting. What am I doing? I'm making another top which I plan to quilt before getting back to the others. It's for my DGD - and I hope to finish it and get it to her before she begins her finals at college in 2 weeks!
    Old 05-03-2012, 08:18 AM
    pal

I think all Moms and Grandmoms overdo. That's what we do. And aren't we lucky that people still need us to do it.
    The older I get, and the more I see of other people's lives, the more I realize how lucky I am to be needed - to be asked to help with something.
    Old 05-03-2012, 08:27 AM

good grief yes. I have a mystery quilt to finish, a kit for a table topper and 4 others lined up. And I have only been a quilter a little over a year. What a fantastic addiction. But like I tell my kids...."It keeps me off the streets at night!" LOL
    Old 05-03-2012, 08:42 AM

I am making quilt tops for my husband, children, grandchildren, and greatgrand children. 8 down and 8 to go.