Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How do you like your Janome? >
  • How do you like your Janome?

• How do you like your Janome?

Old 04-09-2011, 11:25 AM

I have a New Home Memory Craft 6000 that I bought when it came out new in the late 70's (I think- not sure at this point what year it was). It has never been serviced and runs perfectly!!! I've only had to replace the light bulb. I think it is their first electronic machine. Today's machines doubtless have improvements but mine does a lot!
    Old 04-09-2011, 11:31 AM

I love my Janome. I have 2 babylocks but I use the Janome more.
    Old 04-09-2011, 11:33 AM

I have a janome 6600, Only had it a year and am new to quilting but love it. Had a brother sewing / emboidery machine and it was a work horse but I hated the 1 needle. Sold that and went to the Tajima 15 needle and really love that.
    Old 04-09-2011, 11:47 AM

I have the 11000 and overall I like it. My only complaint is that I've had to replace the bobbin case twice. The first time it was replaced, I was told that it seemed to be jumping out its "place" and causing thread jamming issues. (I took it in for repairs because I kept getting thread messes and bad stitches.) The next time the machine went in for work was because of loud noises that sounded like the bobbin was jumping again. The stitches were fine and I wasn't getting messes; it was just loud. The tech changed the bobbin case again and even though it's better, it's still loud and annoying.

Overall I like the machine and as long as I get good stitch quality I can live with the noise.
    Old 04-09-2011, 11:47 AM

I got "Janet" Janomee less than a year ago. Love it and all the features!!!
    Also, the store through in free lessons for a year (2 hours each). Grrrrrrrrreat help!
    Old 04-09-2011, 11:53 AM

I too like my new Janome 7700 Horizon I got for Christmas. But it does not like to sew over thickness of 6 or more layers as with flying geese. I even have the new foot the company sent me. I going to contact Janome and/or send it back for adjustment.
    Old 04-09-2011, 12:05 PM

I have had one Janome for 20 yrs, and it is still going strong. I bought an Horizen last fall. I had taken my machine for its annual and fell in love with it. Since my other was an embroidrey machine, I decided I wanted the Horizen for it's length. I also have a Janome serger that I bought when I bought the older one. I love all of them. If I buy another machine it will be a Janome.
    Old 04-09-2011, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by twinkie
    WOW, I finally found someone who has a 9500 Memory Craft. I was beginning to think had the only one ever made LOL. This is the machine I purchased about 4 years ago and I love it.

Originally Posted by Grandma10
    Absolutely my favorite....have had a Janome Memory Craft 4000 for many years, then a serger and now a brand new Memory Craft 9500 for embroidery and all kinds of sewing. Wonderful machines!
    I have a MC 9500 too and so far love it. Wish the dealer here was more about sewing machines than vacumms. Would love to talk to someone knowledgable and who has done FMQ on theirs to see if I am using the same settings.
    Old 04-09-2011, 12:20 PM

I regularly use my Janomes of which I have three; a 7500, a 10,000 (inherited) and a 10,001. They are really low maintenance and I have used every kind of needle, thread and several bobbin sizes and they have always sewn beautifully. I wouldn't trade any of them unless it was for a newer Janome.
    Old 04-09-2011, 12:22 PM

I have two Janomes, the 11000SE and the 7700. I love them both equally, I also had the 6600 which I traded in for the 7700. Not sure why I picked Janome when I went shopping for a machine, because I had it in my mind to get a Babylock for around $1,500 and ended up with the 11000SE for $4,500. The woman who demonstrated the 11000SE had one and we became fast friends. She says that in her shop, the Janomes are in the shop the least of all the machines, with Bernina machines always in the shop for one thing or another. I was surprised since they cost the equivalent of your first born.