Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Questions about storage >

Questions about storage

Questions about storage

Old 08-04-2010, 06:42 AM

I am trying to organize my sewing room.

I have my fabric in the Rubbermaid containers, the clear ones. I don't have anywhere else right now to put it, hopefully later on, I will have cabinets!

Is there a way to put them in the containers to where I can look at them without tearing them all out? I thought I saw a post where someone used cardboard cutouts in them? Does anyone remember this?

I don't have a lot of fabric, as I haven't been quilting very long, so I don't need some of the storage options I've seen on here. I'd kill to have some of your rooms and fabric! LOL!
Old 08-04-2010, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by stefanib123
I am trying to organize my sewing room.

I have my fabric in the Rubbermaid containers, the clear ones. I don't have anywhere else right now to put it, hopefully later on, I will have cabinets!

Is there a way to put them in the containers to where I can look at them without tearing them all out? I thought I saw a post where someone used cardboard cutouts in them? Does anyone remember this?

I don't have a lot of fabric, as I haven't been quilting very long, so I don't need some of the storage options I've seen on here. I'd kill to have some of your rooms and fabric! LOL!
you can get some of the comic book boards and fold your fabric around them and them stand them up in the containers here is a link to where to get the boards and a link on the folding http://featheredfibers.wordpress.com...n-and-tutorial http://www.bcwsupplies.com/products/Comic-Boards
Old 08-04-2010, 03:20 PM

I just fold my fabrics so they are approximately the size of the depth of the storage container, then place them in with the fold facing up like you would put files in a file box. That way you can see the folded edge of each one when you take the lid off the tote. Depending on the size of your tote and the size pieces of fabric you have, you may be able to get 2 or more rows of folded fabric in your tote.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Power Poster

That's a great idea. I'm going to try it with my fabrics.