Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilter's Club of America called me today >
  • Quilter's Club of America called me today

• Quilter's Club of America called me today

Old 05-08-2011, 07:35 PM

He was reading a script and his calls are being monitored by the manager.
    I try to be polite because they are "working" and not taking $ from the system. I have heard that many of these people have had "issues" that prevent them from getting other jobs. That scares me - so I would never give any credit info. etc.

If you answer the phone & it takes a few seconds before someone comes on the line it's going to be one of those calls Hang up before they get on the line. LOL
    Old 05-08-2011, 08:02 PM

There is a national "DO NOT CALL LIST" . When solicitors call you, you just tell them that that you are on the do not call list, and for them not to call this number anymore. The exemptions is political and religious. I'm sorry I don't have the toll free number but if I find it I will post it here. The phone you want this to be active from is the phone you need to call them from. I hope this was of some help. :) The toll free number is 1 877 249-2782 You can also register online.
    Old 05-08-2011, 08:05 PM

it's alabout the money and they don't care what time you went to bed.......I get calls from colleages everytime I'm on the 'puter. Like at 53 that's how I want to spend my day..not. I want to know how they get the info. Look for a job on line and you email someone and the collage guys are callin.
    Old 05-08-2011, 08:25 PM
    Power Poster

Just say no!
    Old 05-09-2011, 08:32 AM
    nab

I hate the calls also. Especially on Sunday. I check caller ID and let it go to the answering machine, but if they keep calling and leave no message then I get mad. One of my responses is "Did I or anyone else at this number invite you to call?" Depending on the answer I either repeat it. If they say no I tell them good then don't call this number until someone invites you to. They don't usually call back.
    Old 05-09-2011, 08:39 AM

I tried telemarketing 1 day - hated it. We were told that if you can keep the person on the phone you will be able to sell them something. That's all they care about. I usually hang up or when they ask me how I'm doing I tell them fine, I don't want anything and then hang up. I hate being rude but I just don't want to stay on the line.
    Old 05-09-2011, 08:40 AM

When I get a caller that is trying to sell me something, (credit cards, car ins, magazines, etc.) I very quickly tell them, "I sorry, but I am not interested." and then I hang up. Only one time in many years of doing this has anyone called me back. With that one person I was not polite - I just hung up!
    Old 05-09-2011, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by virgwid
    That is why nobody but my close friends and my work have my true phone number. Any number I give out to any business is an old one I had years ago. If they want to contact me they are free to do so thru my email. I am a night worker also, and got tired of when nice didn't work I started yelling obsenities at them. Not who I am, but who I was becoming. I only get an occasional wrong number now. Peace reigns. Virg
    Sorry - but it's rude to give out this number unless you are sure that no one currently has it and that it will not be reassigned to anyone in the future. Says the person whose number was given out when a parent in a school system 45 minutes away did not want to give out the correct phone number. Just when I thought I had it cleared up I would get another call from one of the schools. I finally had to call the superintendent's office and tell them to take me off the list. I had no children and I did not live in their district.
    Old 05-09-2011, 10:02 AM

This is what I do: "I am not interested today, but thank you for calling" (click). I just hung up as they continue to talk. Figure they get the message. I am polite (for the most part) but don't intend to listen to them. My way to keep me in check and not get so aggrivated at calls like that.
    Old 05-09-2011, 10:47 AM

Perfect, I'll pass that on.