Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Seasons of Color? >
  • Seasons of Color?

• Seasons of Color?

Old 09-29-2017, 07:58 AM

Default Seasons of Color?

I've noticed that my favorite color of quilt fabric changes after several years. Plus I find myself gravitating toward the same color in other purchases. Currently I am in a BLUE season. How about you?
    Old 09-29-2017, 08:15 AM
    Power Poster

I don't know if it is seasonal but I definitely go through phases. But I am always drawn to greens in all their varying shades from muddy moss greens to bright neon green, dark almost black green to light almost white green, I love green. But I do go through phases where I like, and buy, different colors. I went through a warm spectrum a while back where I seemed to want only reds, oranges and yellows. I have quite a bit of blue in my stash so must have gone through a blue phase. And I even go through neutral phases buying browns, creams and backgrounds.

I don't think my quilt fabric color preferences extend over to other purchases, like clothing or furniture or wall paint though.
    Old 09-29-2017, 08:16 AM
    Power Poster

I have a pretty good range of colours in my stash. I am trying to use up some of my questionable purchases though. As Bonnie Hunter says, it isn't ugly if you cut it small enough.
    Old 09-29-2017, 09:02 AM

Right now I seem to be in a purple phase. Normally it's either blue or red. A few years ago, it was orange. I do seem to be gravitating back towards blues lately though.
    Old 09-29-2017, 09:41 AM

Turquoise is my go to, but if you look at my stash, I have a ton of orange, for some reason.....Watson
    Old 09-29-2017, 09:41 AM
    Power Poster

I've been on a blue kick since I was a little girl. My Mom dressed me in blue a lot b/c I have dark hair and blue eyes. It has stayed with me and now I have a lot of blue fabric!
    I just did a Shakespeare in the Park using reds, greens, and creams. It was fun to do. I try to spread out my colors but it seems that I do a lot in blue still
    Funny though, I don't use blue in decorating, yes for accents, but not furniture, walls, etc.
    Old 09-29-2017, 11:14 AM

I like bright colors. Don't really have a favorite color to use, just nothing paisley.
    Mike
    Old 09-29-2017, 11:54 AM

Blue is the color I always have tons of. But I've been enjoying making quilts with differnt colors lately too. I just bought the fabrics for a purple and green quilt, so I'll see how that goes!
    Old 09-29-2017, 03:50 PM

Coral to rust is my color and my fabric choices show it. On the other hand, I am a sucker for pretty purples and that is not a color for me at all. The fabric I have collected fro my bedroom quilt are purple and green. What??
    If I know who I am buying for, I do try to suit them, not me. I was just gifted a blue layer cake. I am not a fan of blue, but I know who is.
    Lately, panels call to me and most of those are bright. I have a multi on black one I can use, but what was I thinking when I bought the florals on blue. Floral, yes. Blue, no. I had a horse one in my hand yesterday.
    Old 09-29-2017, 04:49 PM

turquoise is my go to on what I wear so it's often in my quilts too. I find that my "go-to" fabric colors are blues, greens and purples. And I like brights! I tend to avoid pinks and yellows.