Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Will I be disappointed with Janome 6500 >
  • Will I be disappointed with Janome 6500

• Will I be disappointed with Janome 6500

Old 07-04-2011, 06:34 PM

Piecelover - Do you use a walking foot on your 6500?
    Old 07-06-2011, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by sewmanyideas
    The Accufeed is not that great of an extra in my opinion from reviews that I have read. I have the MC65000 and it is my baby after my son:):):):)
    The Accufeed IS a GREAT feature ... and I know because I have the 6600. I had a Pfaff with the IDF, and I could not have left my Pfaff if the 6600 didn't have dual feed. I know at least 20+ quilters & sewers who have the 6600 and love it. That's why I bought mine. If you haven't used a machine with dual feed, then the difference may not matter to you. :)
    Old 07-07-2011, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Z Any Mouse
    I upgraded from a basic White machine to the 6600 knowing that I would grow into it (also knowing that my husband would not understand if I wanted to trade in my new machine for a newer machine within 6 months), and have not regretted my decision one bit. I use the Accufeed almost all the time, even for non-quilting projects. I do miss the free arm, but I have a little Janome Gem I keep on the side for when I really need the free arm and also for when my 6600 is getting his annual service. I've had him (Edward) for 3 years now and still love it.

My mouth is watering over the 7700, but my husband would never understand and besides that, I wouldn't want Edward to feel left out.
    I bought a White serger, the thread guard broke and I took it in for repair. They went 3 months and couldn't get replacement parts. To make a long story short I traded it in for a Janome serger, then later bought the 6600 Love both.
    As for the White, the part they need is still on back order, the other day I saw a White serger, w/video, for sale at a gr sale.
    Sures looked like the one I traded in about 4 years ago.
    I would never buy another White machine.
    Old 07-07-2011, 08:25 AM

Lol, my first machine was a White and I had it for 20 years. It was just a basic machine, and was really a workhorse (long before computers, I think the wheel had barely been invented). When that died I bought another White, and it was okay for about 10 years. Then I caught the quilting bug and bought the White Quilting machine w/video and it was a piece o' crap. I'll never buy another White either. They just aren't made the way they used to be. I love my 6600, and keep wondering what the big hubbub is about the Bernina's. I'm afraid to try one out, because I might like it.
    Old 07-07-2011, 08:32 AM

I have the 6500 and love it. Have had it for about 7 years. I have never tried out the 6600 so don't have an opinion on it. I'm sure you will love either one.
    Old 07-07-2011, 10:58 AM

Lol, my first machine was a White and I had it for 20 years. It was just a basic machine, and was really a workhorse (long before computers, I think the wheel had barely been invented). When that died I bought another White, and it was okay for about 10 years. Then I caught the quilting bug and bought the White Quilting machine w/video and it was a piece o' crap. I'll never buy another White either. They just aren't made the way they used to be. I love my 6600, and keep wondering what the big hubbub is about the Bernina's. I'm afraid to try one out, because I might like it.
    I HAVE HEARD AND READ THAT BERNINA'S ARE LIKE ALL THE OTHER USED TO BE GREAT MACCHINES. BUT DON'T HAVE ONE BECAUSE THEY ARE SO PRICY. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY 6600
    Old 07-07-2011, 11:39 AM

I have the 6600 and love it!! Just bought it last year... can't really say much about the 6500. I bought the highest end machine for the money I had. Buy the best you can within your budget. There are always going to be other things you want, but most of probably couldn't afford a machine that did everything we wanted!
    Old 07-07-2011, 11:45 AM

I,m really new to this.
    Do these machines do FMQ and do you use them on a frame?
    Old 07-07-2011, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by BarbZ
    I HAVE HEARD AND READ THAT BERNINA'S ARE LIKE ALL THE OTHER USED TO BE GREAT MACCHINES. BUT DON'T HAVE ONE BECAUSE THEY ARE SO PRICY. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY 6600
    Wow. I've read two negative comments in this thread about Berninas from people who've not even test driven the machine. LOL.

I own a Janome AND a Bernina. Love both for different reasons. You will get more for your buying dollar with a Janome and the Bernina remains to be the best made, quality machine (not plastic) on the market. You'll be very happy with your Janome.
    Old 07-07-2011, 11:57 AM

I tried one a couple of weeks ago and would buy one today if I had the money. It was great. I don't think you will be disappointed.