Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >
  • Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

• Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 02-02-2022, 05:02 AM

Good morning.

All packages are in. I worked on them last night and I got the F8s for those in both groups into a single envelope. Thank you for packing small! Hav, yours will be in a single box. Now it’s time to print labels and tape them up. There’s a chance I’ll ship today if all goes well. If not, tomorrow morning. When I print labels, your emails with tracking numbers will be sent to you.

Have a good day.
    Old 02-02-2022, 05:10 AM

Yay, so exciting, Janice! I'm ready!
    Old 02-02-2022, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Hi All,
    For those of you who remember Givio who did a Boom with us not too many swaps ago, she passed away today from cancer. She had been sick since about 2020. She is finally home. Please pray for her loved ones if you are a praying person.
    Sorry to hear about Givio. I do remember her. I will keep her family in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for letting us know.

Old 02-02-2022, 06:42 AM

I'm glad that H4B brought up the subject of EPP. I also love to do EPP. I hope someone doesn't mind having more than one block like that.

Old 02-02-2022, 06:49 AM

Janice - you are a trooper - thank you for all the hard work. And now you have your room back!
    Klaws, Hav4, GramE - bring on the hand work - I have loved the variety of talent we have. I have done some handwork and enjoyed. Learned applique from doing booms. Paper piecing is my go to on making sure I get the size perfect.
    Do whatever the F8 tells you to!!
    Old 02-02-2022, 07:02 AM

Janice thank you for being such a boom leader warrior!

Personally I would be thrilled with EP blocks, definitely something I’m not very good at but love them

Yesterday was beautiful here and today is supposed to be but tomorrow is the start of another storm. They are telling everyone to have their phones charged and store up on water. If power doesn’t go out I plan on sewing away. If the grid goes down again we brought a small generator with to run the refrigerator and a light or 2

Have a great day
    Old 02-02-2022, 07:32 AM

Labels went smoothly so Packages are in the mail! Some will start arriving in 2 days. Woo hoo. I will push the due dates to one week later to allow you to get your packages as mailing seems so slow lately.

When you get your packages, before anything else, please count your F8s. I count each package multiple times but you need to make sure you’ve got 19 per group. Thanks!
    Old 02-02-2022, 08:09 AM

I am looking forward to getting my BOOMs. Unfortunately I am on vacation the 8th through the 13th. Hopefully they get here and I can do a few before I leave!

Thank you for all the work you do on the Booms Janice.
    Old 02-02-2022, 09:19 AM

I am also good with hand sewn blocks... probably would be the only one ever to be in one of my quilts! But who knows, sounds like something I 'm going to have to learn to do if I'm going to live on a sailboat!

All your talk about RV's. Boyfriend and I are selling our tear drop camper and bought a slightly larger teardrop camper, which means we also had to sell my car and buy a slightly larger car to be able to pull it! We bought it in MN, so for my spring break we are doing a road trip to MN (from Wyoming) to pick it up, then heading to OK to see his son play baseball, then to AZ to see his daughter play softball! It will be our first foray into extended camping! Our plan is to take a gap year between retiring and sailing and travel in our camper! He wants to fish in all 48 states and I agreed but then said I want to visit a winery in each one!!! Probably another reason to start hand sewing!
    Old 02-02-2022, 10:15 AM
    Power Poster

Got my tracking number!

Terri, you need to get a treadle machine for just such power outages. After 12 days w/out power after hurricane Katrina, I bought a treadle!