Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >
  • ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

• ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 09-26-2013, 04:26 AM

Thanks for the bday wishes you didn't miss much I sat at my sewing machine and sewed all day and listened to cooking shows at the same time. I didn't have to cook dinner. so you might have starved if you were here and no cake as I don't like cake much at all. just jelly belly black beans .. almost stopped and got some too yesterday from the ultimate candy store in town but thought better of it as it was pouring at the time. my thighs thank me.

I think dustysmom its ok. In fact its good for the kid to just DO IT. If he can do it great if he hates it he will come running back home so hold your hat on an empty nest til he tries it. Every kid has to stretch their wings and your dear boy waited a long time to go do it. He might not like the new weather HOT I think it might be. He can make it without a college degree so don't stress that. This sounds like a good experience for him. My son got his GED when he was 19. He never really attended college a couple courses here and there.. maybe 15 units? he is now the owner of his own limo company, making bank monthly travels all the time.. dresses to the nines and every month his goal is MORE. He will be rich. He has decided its what he wants and he gets what he wants. so.. your son is FINE. I hope he takes it and likes it and you can sit back and smile. and those electronics that is what neighbors are for. I have a young couple next door.. you think I don't plot who will help me when I need it on them? give them a bit of cake, ask them to carry this in for me.. lol.. honey do you know how....
    Old 09-26-2013, 06:19 AM

Your young man will be fine!
    I pulled much the same stunt as a brand new college grad - moving to California to do something totally unrelated to my education. Loved it and left 5 years later only because I had married in the mean time and DH went back into the military and had to go to a training school in Mississippi.
    Old 09-26-2013, 06:24 AM

See brat, theres a little problem with that theory. We moved into an "old" neighborhood, 26 yrs ago mind you. We were/are the young ones. The only ones with kids sad...... So, we are the helpers. My son is the go to for everyone's electronics. He gets harumphy when anyone asks and just doesn't understand us old people. I may need to stick a sign in the lawn advertising for passing neighbors young people;/ or maybe a fb post on the neighbor page?

Can you tell I'll miss my helper boy?
    Old 09-26-2013, 07:04 AM

I GOT MINE AND IT IS THE PRETTIEST ONE(S) YET!!! I had a full day yesterday out of the house - got home around 7 and found a package in my mailbox - what a fantastic surprise! I am so in awe - you just can't believe it. Wish my table was together so I can see them in their true glory. Here is a picture of the beautiful table runner AND topper I got from Jan the Cheesehead. Aren't they gorgeous? (of course you are looking at pictures taken on my ugly gray top of the hot tub)!
    Attached Thumbnails hpim1708.jpg   hpim1709.jpg   hpim1710.jpg  
    Old 09-26-2013, 07:22 AM

Those are fabulous Marti. the gray top just shows us the color all the more. A nice neutral background.

You did score girl.
    Old 09-26-2013, 07:36 AM

I just wanted to let everyone know that I got both of both my tablerunners from both of my partners and they are beautiful in each of their own rights. I'm more than happy to hear that the product that I made will be as loved as will be both of my new table runners and extras that was sent wit them. Both Annette & Nancy really hit the bull's eye with their runners in prints & colors. Thank You Both Ladies. I have sent each of you an PM and will try to figure out to leave each wonderful feedback scores.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRAT!!!!

SIncerely,
    Tricia
    Old 09-26-2013, 08:11 AM

Hot tub...and it's indoors!!!??? Gee had I known that I would have been happy to hand deliver your package! Glad you like them Marti.

Jan
    Old 09-26-2013, 11:32 AM

Those are amazing, Marti!! Great job Cheesehead!!
    DustysMomma,
    I hear ya...dh and I have one "kid", he just turned 28...so not really a kid, but to me he will always be our "kid"...
    His job requires he travel some. Corporate is based here, but they have stores in Oklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado, Kansas, and several further down south here in Texas. While I am a "tough cookie" in always saying if he moves, I will be fine as long as he and his family are happy...and I tell myself I mean that...I know deep down if they move, I will probably be a big ball o' mush!! But, I will live...sigh...it's not all about me...sigh..."kids" are supposed to spread their wings and make their lives their own...sigh...
    My daughter-in-law is from New Mexico...and I know she would love if they moved back towards Albuquerque...I just tell them if they are happy that is all that matters...Now my mom on the other hand tells them, "Make sure I am dead first, because I can't take it if y'all move...(boo-hoo...). I then always tell her that it's life's plan that kids grow up and go. Furthermore, it's really healthier if they are able to make it on their own...if something happens to the parents, be sad if grown kid couldn't function...and we parents need to be able to do same. Mom just says, "That's your opinion, leave me out of it!". Gotta love her...all of our family know that she is and has always been crazy about my son. She makes no bones about it. She even bores me bragging about him! Heck, he has even told her, "Nan, I love you and all, but you're boring me talking about me!"..Haha..
    K
    Old 09-26-2013, 01:05 PM

Oh my goodness, look at those pretty fabrics in your tablerunner MartiMorga. Wonderful work Cheesehead.

I am loving seeing all the different designs for the tablerunners coming in, we are certainly a talented bunch of ladies.

Happy (belated) birthday Brat !!
    Old 09-26-2013, 02:34 PM

My new runner arrived today from my partner! I love it and I have started using it already for the fall season. Thank you so much, Carol! It is even reversible and has Halloween on the back. Yippee![ATTACH=CONFIG]438266[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]438267[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_5871-001.jpg   img_5872-001.jpg